Hi-Point 9c

Use this section for all other firearms
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Hi-Point 9c

Post by grayfox »

Picked up a 9mm Hi-Point today. I have owned four, and they all shot great, but traded them for one reason or another. Its just a house & range gun, but I like the lifetime warranty. Plus they will handle +p loads per the company. :)
Last edited by grayfox on March 20th, 2008, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redfestiva

Hi-Point 9c

Post by redfestiva »

grayfox,
They build those Hi-points not far from my home but the factory has no sales at that location. You have to go through a dealer to get one. I hear their customer service is great. A local gun shop has the 9mm on sale now for $139.00. I know Hi- Point's get a bad rap but I can't ever recal hearing an owner complaining about them, only the people who don't have one and say they'd never get one. I think if they'd come out with a small .380 auto loader similar to the Kel-tec P3At they'd sell great. They are just so much larger than most guns the same caliber. Someone let me fire their 9mm Hi-Point at the range one day. Not too bad, reasonalble recoil and I hit where I aimed.
Last edited by redfestiva on March 20th, 2008, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Hi-Point 9c

Post by anjdrifter »

a lot of good ratings for writers only a few so so reports. I have a few friends with them they might not be the pretty one on the block but I like them always meaning to get one. for range and knock about or house ..
Last edited by anjdrifter on March 21st, 2008, 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Hi-Point 9c

Post by space »

I have a C9 and the 995 rifle. Both have always been reliable. C9 is sort of like a brick that shoots 9mm's but that works for me. Had some feeding issues with the C9 but once I learned how to load the mags right, no failures since.

995 is so ugly it's kinda beautiful and I wouldn't have it any other way :) Nearly 1000 rounds so far and NEVER a failure of any kind. Not sure I can say that about any of my other firearms....except the SAM 1911.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Hi-Point 9c

Post by grayfox »

I like it too as a car gun, if its stolen, your not out much. Forbus also makes a paddle holster for them. As for the carbine, they make a stock that looks just like a berrtta storm for 60.00. I had one and it was well made. I almost picked up a 7.62x25? Nagant revolver today, 99.95 (1937 yr with holster). ???
Last edited by grayfox on March 20th, 2008, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
volfandan

Hi-Point 9c

Post by volfandan »

I've always thought those carbines were pretty cool looking. Let us know how she shoots....I never knew they handled +P.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Hi-Point 9c

Post by trent »

my dad bought one of the c9's a few years back. Highpoints get a low rating on the cool scale but they work and are last time I checked one of the best selling handguns in the US.

Grayfox it's 7.62x38r. (heh, no wonder I don't have a girlfriend...)
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Hi-Point 9c

Post by anjdrifter »

my hi-point carbine is a fun gun to shoot pull trigger it goes bang everytime and for what it is not all that bad for accuracy but it s only a 9mm and it was not designed for anything like hunting or target shooting .
have the extended mag for it also .. I dont know for sure but believe the mags are interchangeable withthe c9.
darn now have to see if I can find a c9 around I remember sog was always out of em the couple of times I was going to get one..
Last edited by anjdrifter on March 21st, 2008, 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
donnerwetter58

Hi-Point 9c

Post by donnerwetter58 »

Most modern pistols chambered for 9mm Para., 40 S&W and 45 ACP are locked breech designs. The Hi-Point is a blow back design like the P-64. Because of this, the slides are the size of minivans. It's all a matter of recoil, mass, inertia and springs.
I don't see a Hi-Point pistol in my future but a carbine would be a fun plinker.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Hi-Point 9c

Post by grayfox »

Its just a fun gun & also fills a spot for someone on a tight budget for a protection gun. I get so tired of the "other" forums that say "save your money and get a Wilson/Kimber/ect." Those guns are a POS.
Bet they never owned one or never been poor. 8-)
I know its big as a brick, but sometimes I just have to buy something :P
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Hi-Point 9c

Post by anjdrifter »

I always heard bigger is better :D :D 8-)

boy sure do remember those poor days all to well.
anyway here is my hi point 9mm carbine all it is missing is its little brother

Last edited by anjdrifter on March 21st, 2008, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Hi-Point 9c

Post by grayfox »

After I shot a box of ammo to get use to the Hi-Point, here is the last two targets from the 7 yd line. Top was head shots & bottom was center mass. Not bad for a "cheap" gun.
Last edited by grayfox on March 21st, 2008, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Hi-Point 9c

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Guntest magazine raves about all of their weapons, I can't ever remember a bad writeup by any reviewer. Not the prettiest gun around but they deliver on their promise of accuracy and reliability.
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on November 22nd, 2008, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Hi-Point 9c

Post by grayfox »

Just like girls in high school, even the "uglys" could get the job done. :-/ :-/
Last edited by grayfox on March 22nd, 2008, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Hi-Point 9c

Post by anjdrifter »

and most times better 8-) 8-)