Hi-Point 9c

Use this section for all other firearms
hairypolack

Hi-Point 9c

Post by hairypolack »

I almost bought one of these but was hesitant because of the price. It seems too good to be true.
dwd

Hi-Point 9c

Post by dwd »

Go ahead hairy and get one. I have a hi-point c9 and it goes bang every time I pull the trigger. What more could you ask for? It feels comfortable in my hand too. It might not be pretty but i've seen worse.
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
redfestiva

Hi-Point 9c

Post by redfestiva »

I would'nt mind having the lifetime warranted Hi Point carbine if it was dressed up with this aftermarket stock. It only costs $70 and it makes the rifle look pretty nice.
http://www.atigunstocks.com/products.as ... ge=1&id=18
dwd

Hi-Point 9c

Post by dwd »

That stock looks REALLY nice. A hi-point carbine is definitely on my bucket list.
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
msgttbar

Hi-Point 9c

Post by msgttbar »

The HiPoint is an exceptionally hardy line of guns. They do NOT require constant teardown and cleaning. From the distributor:

-----------beginning of email ----------------
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 11:19 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Cleaning Instructions

Dear XXXXX,

Although some customers who have Hi Point Firearms are capable of it, MKS recommends that you do not take the gun apart. The exploded view in the manual is not intended to be a detailed disassembly guide. It is really just to note the basic steps for those who feel qualified. The way MKS recommends to clean a Hi Point is to blow the inner area out with a mild aerosol solvent once or twice a year. (Of course wear eye protection). This gets out any accumulated grime and dirt that may have been attracted and held in there by the oil. Clean the barrel with a good bore solvent after you get home from shooting. This is all we do after thousands of rounds of shooting. Oil lightly, and the gun is ready for the next session of shooting. If you feel that you must take the gun apart, but need help, please phone the factory and talk with a mechanic there. They can be reached at (419) 747-9444 Mon.-Thurs. 7am-5pm EST.

Hope this helps!

PJJ
MKS Supply, Inc.
Marketer of Hi-Point Firearms

---------end of email
hairypolack

Hi-Point 9c

Post by hairypolack »

msgttbar wrote:The HiPoint is an exceptionally hardy line of guns. They do NOT require constant teardown and cleaning. From the distributor:

-----------beginning of email ----------------
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 11:19 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Cleaning Instructions

Dear XXXXX,

Although some customers who have Hi Point Firearms are capable of it, MKS recommends that you do not take the gun apart. The exploded view in the manual is not intended to be a detailed disassembly guide. It is really just to note the basic steps for those who feel qualified. The way MKS recommends to clean a Hi Point is to blow the inner area out with a mild aerosol solvent once or twice a year. (Of course wear eye protection). This gets out any accumulated grime and dirt that may have been attracted and held in there by the oil. Clean the barrel with a good bore solvent after you get home from shooting. This is all we do after thousands of rounds of shooting. Oil lightly, and the gun is ready for the next session of shooting. If you feel that you must take the gun apart, but need help, please phone the factory and talk with a mechanic there. They can be reached at (419) 747-9444 Mon.-Thurs. 7am-5pm EST.

Hope this helps!

PJJ
MKS Supply, Inc.
Marketer of Hi-Point Firearms

---------end of email
nice, no teardown, cheap, lifetime warranty....hmm if I can just get past the looks.
hairypolack

Hi-Point 9c

Post by hairypolack »

I have the chance to get one for $85 bucks. Should I jump on it?
protector

Hi-Point 9c

Post by protector »

The best no questions asked warranty in the business,I vote yea! I have the HP Carbine HP9 Stormette in 9mm, accurate and reliable,its one of my favorites!
Aim small,hit small...
hairypolack

Hi-Point 9c

Post by hairypolack »

well i tried to give them a call, no answer, left a message. They called once, didn't leave a message, and now the listing is off the website. Oh well, better luck next time.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Hi-Point 9c

Post by grayfox »

The carbine is great with the new stock, looks just like a berrate storm. I am getting ready to pick up a 9mm pistol (have had four). Makes a great truck gun or nightstand gun. I sent the company a letter saying how I liked the gun & got a T-shirt aas thanks. They sue are no uglyer than a glock! ;D