Latest Purchase

Use this section for all other firearms
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Latest Purchase

Post by abwehr »

After another harrowing week at work, I decided I was going to take today off and I flew home last night. Sure nice to be home and get to play with the two new "Toys" I received last weekend. I did get the two rifles cleaned and worked over before I left, but not enough time to post them. Here they are:

The first one is a RC K98k, 1939 Erma (Code 27). This is another nice one, but the front of the receiver is not as shiney as my others. The bore is excellent and will make another good shooter. The stock is all vintage to 1939. Here are a couple of photos:

The second K98k is a "dou 44" made in the Bystrica Plant in Czechoslovakia. The bore in this rifle is excellent, but does have some "frosting" on the receiver. When I bought the rifle it had a flat buttplate stock and should have been the cupped type. I called a friend and we made a trade so I got the correct stock now. The stock came off a bubbaized rifle and it is matching to itself and from the correct year, but made by Mauser. The Triggerguard and floorplate are the correct stamped parts so that is nice. This part is tough to find. The Front and Rear Band need to be replaced with the stamped type and I am currently looking for these. Once I have the two bands, it will have the perfect appearance. Here are some photos:

normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Latest Purchase

Post by normsutton »

abwehr
did you just get 4 new rifles or 2

if its 4 your going to kill carguy

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Latest Purchase

Post by dfunk »

The 98 is one of my favorites - yours are beautiful.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Latest Purchase

Post by papabear »

abwehr,

Very nice examples and especially the dou 44, great photo's also, appreciate you sharing them with us.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Latest Purchase

Post by carguy »

I'm happy for abwehr and hope he bought as many as makes him happy... ;D

I will have my day and until then I will slowly build my collection by saving my pennies and enjoy pictures of everyone elses... :'(

This just helps me fine tune my Wish List 8-)
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Latest Purchase

Post by abwehr »

Well guys, I must confess, these two are new ones! I have gone "hog wild" over these rifles. They may be RC K98ks, but they are still great. I had lunch with a friend that I was trying to get an all matching "DOT 44" from and I thought he was going to let it go, but decided to keep it. I have a line on another all matching except the rear band. I am trying to call the guy now to see if he still has it.

Don't worry "carguy" no race is on, LOL! I want two more rifles, a "DOT 44" and a "dou 43 or 44". Once I get these, I will have an example from each manufacturer.

Thanks for all the compliments on the rifles. These come came from Empire and Classic. I did the clean-up of the stocks to get them back as close to original as possible and removed the dip blue for parts that should be in the white. I always make sure the bores are VG - Exc. before I buy. A sewer pipe is not good for accuracy.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Latest Purchase

Post by carguy »

Take a look at these...Hunter's Lodge...91/30s for $9.95, M98 for $34.95... ::)

http://www.mouseguns.com/blast/rifles.gif

If only it were 1962 again!!! :P
volfandan

Latest Purchase

Post by volfandan »

abwehr,

You're obsessed, man! I love it. You may want to invest in some lamp shades to hide anymore! Very nice acquisitions, though.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Latest Purchase

Post by carguy »

Abwehr: Gorgeous,just gorgeous! Only 2 more and you have one from every manufacturer?? :-* :-* :-* Wow! I can't even figure out what if anything I would like to "collect". I just see something I like and "accumulate" it!! :'(

I was looking at mausers but wouldn't have a clue which ones to start with made if what country etc. Just like the MN way too many different countries of origin, plants, captured, re-arsenaled etc. I'm confused just thinking about it. :)

What you've shown are great examples...nice job.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Latest Purchase

Post by abwehr »

carguy,

I accumulate myself, but usually with a little order. Of my Mausers, I have the Czech Mod 24, Yugo Mod 24/47. Mod 48, and Mod 48A. The German WWII is the main interest, so two more and I will have one from each manufacturer. I have a line on "DOT 1944" and will call first thing Monday mornig to see if they still have it in stock. Then only one left to buy!

For those interested in the WWII K98k, take a look at this website with articles written by a noted K98k collector. This is good information: http://www.ycgg.org/ycgg_ww2german_pdf.htm