Just got a Blue envelope in mail from Atlanta!!!

Use this section for all other firearms
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

We just don't have comedians like that any more. Abbot & Costello, The Three Stooges, Martin & Lewis, The Marx Brothers! :D

Who do we have now Jerry Seinfield...yuck, idiots from Saturday Night Live (Belushi maybe but nobody since).

Times have changed... :'(
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

I DON'T KNOW IS ON THIRED
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Do you remember who Yesterday and Tomorrow are?
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Last edited by normsutton on October 2nd, 2007, 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

I GOT MY 03FFL TODAY! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

my bank account suddenly looks really, really small >:(

about the SKS, would it be less "evil" looking if I bought an SKS that doesn't qualify as C&R (like a Norinco) and then did all the stuff to it that I said earlier? Also the stock and mags that I want are made here in the US (not imported) and are "Compliance Parts".

Now my rule book needs to get here.....
Last edited by barnett3006 on October 1st, 2007, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

The legal issues referenced have nothing to do with changing a C&R sks it is the changing of a semi automatic rifle...period. Check out the SKS board and the Legal forum on it. You know this is serious when they have their own forum regarding the legal issues with customizing the SKS... :'(

www.sksboards.com
volfandan

Post by volfandan »

I GOT MY 03FFL TODAY! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

my bank account suddenly looks really, really small >:(

about the SKS, would it be less "evil" looking if I bought an SKS that doesn't qualify as C&R (like a Norinco) and then did all the stuff to it that I said earlier? Also the stock and mags that I want are made here in the US (not imported) and are "Compliance Parts".

Now my rule book needs to get here.....
barnett3006,

I would say that if I were you, I would get a Norinco and dude it up with some synthetic stuff. I have a Norinco paratrooper that I bought back in (I think it was) '96. It had a spike bayonet, and I dropped it into an ATI folder, put a cheese grater gas vent handguard on it, and got a few 30 round mags for it.

It was my understanding that it was (at least the seller at the gun show claimed) a pre-ban. You'll see a lot of Norinco's that don't have bayonets, and it was my understanding that these were post-ban....hence the absence of bayonet. Now, that's not to say that an individual couldn't buy the $5 bayonet, slap it on a post-ban, and claim it a pre-ban. I really like the folding stock on the paratrooper because it makes it really compact.

I plan on getting a Yugo with my C&R, and I am going to just clean it up, touch up the bluing, and refinish the stock.....but will leave this in the original configuration. It may be a little bit of a gray area in the law....but I'd err on the side of caution and just find a Norinco to "synthetic up". They are all over gunbroker for around $200, and I saw one at the last gunshow for $165 asking. It had a rough stock, but other than that looked pretty good.
barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

ok...I did some digging and I think I am gonna be good as far as being compliant with the <s>infringements</s> law...I am not going to use a C&R Yugo though. Ten imported parts or less, ten imported parts or less... :(
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

barnett
Norinco SKS's are not C&R if you want a Bubbaed SKS there are plenty of them around for less money than you'll spend on Bubbaing it your self, for about the same price you can get ak

AK-47's come complete with slant compensator, bay

ROMANIAN AK-47

WSAR 1

CAL. 7.62x39
AK-47's come complete with slant compensator, bayonet with frog, cleaning kit, sling, ammo pouch and 2 - 30 round mags.

$369.00

onet with frog, cleaning kit, sling, ammo pouch and 2 - 30 round mags.

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on October 2nd, 2007, 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

volfandan

DON'T FORGET TO SEND A COPY OF YOUR C & R TO

http://www.brownells.com

http://www.midwayusa.com

http://www.gunpartscorp.com

for dealer discounts

NORM
Hey Norm,

How do you go about sending the C&R to these businesses? I have accounts with Midway and Brownells but I do not see anything about sending them a copy of my FFL in my profiles.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

barnett

I had to call Brownells my account with all messed up I already had a business account with them for over 20 years

didn't have to call Midway I think all I did was send a letter or I email it ,I have a signed copy of C&R, driver , carry license all on one page on the hard drive , and send it email ( its better than a fax)

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on October 9th, 2007, 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
fritzhund

Post by fritzhund »

Does anyone have a copy of the form? I would like a copy of it as well. Its $30.00 for three years I think. Well, you guys that already have it would know? Thanks in advance, Mark
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Sorry I sent volfandan my last one. Just go the www.atf.gov click on forms then at athe top the on-line order form and order the application for license for Collector of Curios and Relics. They are great and will have it to you within the week!
volfandan

Post by volfandan »

and thanks again, Carguy. My wife may not be your biggest fan....but I think you're GREAT!!!!!