New M91/30 !

Use this section for all other firearms
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

New M91/30 !

Post by rlj102468 »

Just picked up my new toy. A M91/30 from SOG. Rifle seems to be in great shape, it is a 1941 with matching numbers stamped on the barrel, bolt, and mag floorplate. Pic's to follow as soon as I find a way to explain a new gun in the house. I hate that I have been bitten by the C&R bug, but not as much as the wife does. The dog was getting fat anyway, it can eat less. :D

C-Ya, Bobby J.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

New M91/30 !

Post by blinddog »

Put a lamp shade on it and tell your wife that you needed more light.:)
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

New M91/30 !

Post by normsutton »

Bobby J
tell her what they were going for at the gun show and then tell her how much you saved because of the C&R

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on September 20th, 2007, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

New M91/30 !

Post by trent »

yea, it's not easy hiding a 91/30 better just come out with it
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

New M91/30 !

Post by anjdrifter »

you could always tell her it is a requirement to stay on this board.. kinda like dues..al
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

New M91/30 !

Post by carguy »

Except that you can't claim dues every couple of months!! :D

The C&R bug is a disease I'm enjoying... ;D
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

New M91/30 !

Post by papabear »

Bobby J.

Tell her you bought if for Al and he will be down to pick up when he comes down to visit Norm............. ;D Actually it better in the long run to fess up like Trent said and take your punishment and get it over with, I usually just say, thank you, may I have another......... :'(

Hayden
POINT SHOOTER
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

New M91/30 !

Post by garry »

You Da' MAN, I still haven't bought a 91/30...Yet. I'd Like to know all about yours. Let us know how it handles and shoots ! I have the M44 model and it is good and accurate ! I can hardly stand not having the longer version. (and the M38 and the octagon reciever,and the sniper version and the...) aaaah it feels like "Mosin Love". They sure are a FUN and powerful rifle ! Pictures would be great ! Good shootin to ya ,Man. G
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

New M91/30 !

Post by anjdrifter »

Garry I am not even going to say a word but are sure you meant Mosin when you said the following... :P ;D ;D

I can hardly stand not having the longer version.
Last edited by anjdrifter on September 20th, 2007, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

New M91/30 !

Post by normsutton »

anjdrifter

I think that was Garry that said that

poor guy

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

New M91/30 !

Post by carguy »

Car guy I am not even going to say a word but are sure you meant Mosin when you said the following... :P ;D ;D

I can hardly stand not having the longer version.

Hello...Mc Fly..."not me my drooling friend"! Garry desires the looooooong one!! :'(
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

New M91/30 !

Post by anjdrifter »

OK I will stand corrected sorry about that...
us old guys mess up up sum tims . Next thing you know my wife will be putting labels on my shirt with directions home...
I have also gone back and edited the name...wouldnt want the wrong guy being accussed of wanting a looooonnng version..
Last edited by anjdrifter on September 20th, 2007, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
volfandan

New M91/30 !

Post by volfandan »

Here's a new one to me: I'm not a huge Mosin buff, but every time you turn around you see the 91/30's, M-44's, and M-38's in SGN. I saw this 91/59 on gunbroker, and was curious what the deal is??? I saw somewhere (maybe it was even on this auction) that the 59's were just 91/30's that were cut down to shorter carbine lengths in 1959.

OK, they already had made the M-38's, and then added a bayonet and a few other "minor" alterations and called it a M-44......so what gives with the 91/59? Did they just really like the 38's and 44's so much that they decided to get rid of a bunch of surplussed 91/30's and cut them down to make more 38 type rifles?

Last edited by volfandan on September 20th, 2007, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

New M91/30 !

Post by papabear »

volfandan,

Maybe this will clear up the differences, it can be a little confusing but I think if you read this it will become easier to understand.

http://www.mosinnagant.net/global%20mos ... arbine.asp

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

New M91/30 !

Post by carguy »

Anj: Thank you ... no offense meant or taken :P

Volfandan: I just read on Gunboards, The Collectors Forum that some were saying a M91/59 was worth over $250. Now all you need is one willing buyer to get any price for anything but, maybe you might want to check out the post and compare to what you may have in this one if you bought it or maybe you might consider buying if the price is right. :o