M&P Pistols

Use this section for all other firearms
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

M&P Pistols

Post by papabear »

carguy,

Now you got to remember, grayfox and I go way back to our younger days on the beach's of Florida, and he and anjdrifter have first dibs and are at the front of the line, but your are a member of the :-/ drooling gang, so at least you will be third in line. I'll etch that on the wall in my gun room.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

M&P Pistols

Post by carguy »

Thanks Papa! :-*
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

M&P Pistols

Post by grayfox »

Papabear,,
Thats one of the finest collections I have seen in a long time. Collecting is what I do more now than shooting. Got my eye on a fine african warhawk (tomahawk) late 1800s, but I,m running out of room...still.....
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

M&P Pistols

Post by papabear »

Thanks grayfox, I appreciate that coming from you...... ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

M&P Pistols

Post by papabear »

Here is one more that I have had for a while, a 1943 Remington Rand government model, my dad gave this to me and its the one he carried in WWII when he was a Flying Tiger with the 14th Air Force in the CBI [China-Burma-India] He flew a B-25 Mitchel model "J". To the best of my knowledge, this is a all original 1943 Remington Rand that was issused to him in 1943 before he left to go overseas, and he brought it back with him, so it has been in the family for 64 years, one year older than me.

papabear
Last edited by papabear on September 18th, 2007, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

M&P Pistols

Post by grayfox »

Now thats priceless :)
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

M&P Pistols

Post by bzinggg »

Indeed! I am cringing at that surface against the rocks! :-/
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

M&P Pistols

Post by normsutton »

papabear

boy is thats a keeper
thanks for sharing

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on September 18th, 2007, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

M&P Pistols

Post by abwehr »

papabear,

Thanks for showing this pistol with the history. I know this is one firearm you are proud to have!

I have tow pistols my dad brought back from Germany. If I was not getting ready to leave again, I would get them out and maks one photos. I can't beat your layout though; love the rocks! If I don't forget...yea really,

I will get them out Friday and make some photos of them and post. One is a Russian Nagant revolver and the other is a Russian TT-33. They were given to him by a German girlfriend whos brother had brought them back from the Russian Front. He appearently did not make it back after the war. They have the German rework holster with them too, so we always assume he actually carried them. More to come!!!!
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

M&P Pistols

Post by nbender »

What a treasure papabear!
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

M&P Pistols

Post by carguy »

Papabear: That is just beautiful. :-/

Document the provenence for future generations. I have learned all to well that unless someone writes this stuff down it seems to get lost as generations pass. I lost my Dad when I was 17 and with him most of the history of that side of the family (at 17 I wasn't that interested or concerned about who we were or where we came from). I lost my mom to alzeimers this past February (really lost her mentally a year before that) and miss talking about the "oldtimes".

You drooling farts aren't quite as old as my dad would be but I guess I've adopted you as serrogate dads. You've certainly experienced a hell of alot more than I and I love hearing about it. :)

Way off topic...watch for the Ken Burns special about WWII on PBS. Seven part series starting Sunday night...it should be interesting. My dad served in WWII so anything about it I just love.