Use this section for all other firearms
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Focusing on your sights

Post by carguy »

BITE ME! :P :P

And what the heck is presbyopia...I'm catholic!? ;D
Last edited by carguy on September 2nd, 2007, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Focusing on your sights

Post by bzinggg »

;D

Can you spell "dictionary" ?? :D Oh Gee, I kill me! ;D ;D ;D

Okay, it's why humans need reading glasses when reaching about 50 years of age, plus or minus. The tissues in the eye that contract and relax the pupil or the iris, I think, are less flexible, and create the inability to focus on objects too close up.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Focusing on your sights

Post by carguy »

Thank you Professor Bzinggg... :-* :-* :-*
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Focusing on your sights

Post by devlinfaust »

Carguy,

I'm surprised at you! That shirt is a real collector's item--a significant world traveler.

And Papabear, given that you can point shoot putting all 7shots in a pie plate at 10 yards, I don't ever, ever, ever want to make you angry!

Seriously, though, not only does that point shooting have a practical use, but it's also a whole lot of fun. I always wanted to be "Paladin" when I was a kid.

Thanks for the advice, and I do intend to keep practicing and also bringing a few more pistols into play from my collection. So far, the CZ-82 seems to be the most natural point shooter in my arsenal, but I intend to practice with others, as well--and using both hands, as you suggested.

And carguy, I might just start shooting at the shirts intead of cardboard targets. Get a bunch of old shirts and point shoot at them. A new sport--instant ventillation of crappy shirts!
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Focusing on your sights

Post by carguy »

You just might start a new fashion trend...Range Cotour!!

Spoken with a terribly whiney, nasal, WASPy (please forgive the unsult if you're a WASP) accent..."do you have a Brooks Brothers polo with 44 Magnum holes on the bias?"

;D
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Focusing on your sights

Post by devlinfaust »

Seems like I remember that some manufactuer of blue jeans were actually shooting them with bird shot and charging like a couple of hundred dollars a pair, many years ago.
tomline

Focusing on your sights

Post by tomline »

Try a spot of finger nail polish or just chalk to test to see if that helps. Outside the sun glares and makes it hard to see for sure. If that fails, just shoot from the hip.