rear sight for a m34 ranger

Use this section for all other firearms
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Okay, Okay between Blinddogs story, Norm's photo and the 2 1962 alum slobbering over each other...I CAN'T KEEP A DRY EYE!!

Cut it out!

Believe it or not, my first rifle was a 22LR as well. A Savage with a 4x something scope that I picked up in January or THIS YEAR with my son. I did not grow up a shooter at all...must have been those crazy 1960's (my developmental years). Then I rebelled and I've leaned more toward handguns ever since.

I hope to start some sort of tradition with my children and shooting as you all seem to already have done.

8~)
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

carguy,

I like your rendition of our slobbering little group, however, if only you knew the whole story, but just the same, keep it coming, you keep us.......... ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Papabear,

I know a little. And I'm happy to keep you smiling. My intention precisely. If anyone ever takes my "remarks" seriously then they certainly don't know me.

I do love you guys...if you couldn't tell by now! I only hope one day I'll be accepted as a slobbering old guy too, I couldn't be in better company.

Al...keep fighting the good fight.

8~)
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

carguy,

I appreciate your humor, and didn't take it wrong, I know where you are coming from and appreciate that too. Keep it coming!!!

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

Hayden should we make Carguy :o a honorary slobbering old guy. He has to be honorary because we have socks older then him.
barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

My first rifle was a Stevens 22 bolt action given to me by my great grandfather. He bought it when he was a young man, he then passed it on to my father for his first rifle, then he gave it to me when I was about 10. When I moved from TN to FL I left the rifle with my Dad so that my little brother could have it in a few years.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

Papa bear,your Granddad sounds exactly like my Granddad. When I went hunting he gave me 3 .22 longs and expected 3 squirrels or 3 rabbits or 3 of what ever ya could eat. Lots of good memories.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Hayden should we make Carguy :o a honorary slobbering old guy. He has to be honorary because we have socks older then him.
Why not, he fits right in, gosh he's ugly enough too ....... ;D but hey, beauty is only skin deep, inside he has a heart of gold.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Why not, he fits right in, gosh he's ugly enough too ....... ;D but hey, beauty is only skin deep, inside he has a heart of gold.

papabear

I think that was a compliment? :o

I am overwhelmed with my honorary slobbering old guy membership and promise not to let you down. As a matter of fact I just drooled in an overt yet private demonstration of my willingness to prove I can act like I'm old and don't have my "original" teeth too! :'(
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Papa bear,your Granddad sounds exactly like my Granddad. When I went hunting he gave me 3 .22 longs and expected 3 squirrels or 3 rabbits or 3 of what ever ya could eat. Lots of good memories.
blinddog,

And you know what, I sometimes wish we all still had that theory, but today, most like the semi-auto's and see how much ammo they can punch out. I'm old fashioned and still enjoy the dinosaur revolvers and bolt action rifles, and I know there are still many that enjoy them too, but today, when I go shooting, everyone is shooting the semi's, don't get me wrong, I like a semi pistol, but up until a couple years ago, they were all SA pistol's, then I got my first P-64 and things changed, but I first love is still the revolver, easy to clean, simple to operate, no worry if you have the safety off or on, is there one in the chamber, etc etc etc, just point and shoot, it don't get any easier than that. Enough said, I'm done.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

yup for papabear.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

carguy,

For sure it was a compliment, welcome aboard buddy..... ;D

papabear
Last edited by papabear on August 3rd, 2007, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

Hey, guys I went ahead and ordered a rear sight from Numrich. They had 3 thad would work and the company's rating is very good. Thanks for all the help. I can't wait to get that sight on and do a little plinking. May even take a pic or two!!!
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

Got the sight. It fit perfectly and looks great on the rifle. Just as soon as I can I gotta take it to the range and do some shooting and make sure I have the rear sight centered. My measurements say I do but a day on the range tells the truth. Again thanks for the help.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

blinddog,

Glad to hear your sight problem is solved, and do let us know how it turned out for you at the range.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER