CZ-82 Slide Metal...what is it?

Use this section for all other firearms
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

If I remember correctly the CZ-82 is steel. The slide and most of the frame is paointed with the trigger guard being blued. Is that correct?

I was wondering as I'm waiting for my replacement firing pin and new grips to show up and thought about trying to "color in" that electro penciled billboard import mark on the slide. Would I be able to drip some cold bluing in there or is it an alloy and should I use aluminum black? Or should I simply try to drip some black paint in there??

I used a cold blue marker to color the trigger guard black as it was worn almost bare metal (no paint and faded bluing or whatever was there previously). Came out pretty good but I want to make sure the slide is the saem metal.

Opinions please. 8~)
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

carguy

its all steal except the lanyard
and all painted
NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Well I received my new Firing Pin (blew about a quarter of an inch off of the original one), replaced it and the new grips as well.

Then before I lubed it up I used my bluing touch up marker and worked it in the "dot matrix" of the letters. Did this 4 or 5 times, cleaaning and polishing after waiting a while each time. And it looks much better! At least it is closer to black than the bare gray metal that was showing before!!

Still haven't had the chance to go shot with my new firing pin yet. I'm sure it will function fine but I'll confirm that tomorrow.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

carguy

didn't you get new geps too& how are they

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

carguy,

Where are the pic's, we need pic's of the grips..... ???

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

I just ordered replacement (black checkered plastic) grips like the ones it came with. My original set looked like someone hammered nails with them so for $13 I ordered a replacement set. They do look much nicer, neater, cleaner. But no fancy Dennis or Bond grips. I like my CZ-52 but am not about to dress it up too much. I'm am saving for an excursion into the land of 7.62x25...either a CZ-52 and/or eventually a TT-33...maybe.

Like I said earlier I haven't had alot of time today, never even get to the range to test the new pin.

I'll see if I can get a closeup of my little blue job on the billboard import mark later.