CZ-82?

Use this section for all other firearms
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

CZ-82?

Post by normsutton »

Trent

from what I've read all parts of the CZ-82 and CZ-83 are inter changeable except to the slide stop springs

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

CZ-82?

Post by devlinfaust »

Gentlemen:

Thanks for the info about the CZ-82/CZ-83 mags. I have PM'd Bartos about his CZ-83 mag, and hopefully he still has it. I got two mags with the aimsurplus deal, but would like at least one more.

My CZ-82 is really smooth and accurate. Aim advertised it as in excellent condition and it is. I tend to think this CZ-82 is a good millsurp alternative to a lot of things out there like the Stoeger Cougar, Beretta Storm compact, etc., that seem to be about the same size, but cost about three times as much!
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

CZ-82?

Post by beasleydano »

I tend to favor the CZ 83. It is current manufacture in like new condition and has the satin nickel finish. My groups are a little tighter with it than with the CZ 82. The CZ 82 is surplus in VG+ condition and the finish has chipped off on some sharp edges. I prefer the rounded trigger guard style of the CZ 82 over the CZ 83 though.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

CZ-82?

Post by papabear »

I prefer the CZ75 over both of them, but it doesn't come in 9x18, but I am considering a CZ82 from Aim, I like the idea of the 12 rd mag compared to the 6 rd mag of the P-64. Not to sure I would want a .32 acp in the CZ83 though, a 9x18 is about as low as I want to go, just my thoughts.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

CZ-82?

Post by beasleydano »

Same thoughts here, papabear. My first CZ was a CZ 75 with the painted finish and "waffle" grips. I already had the CZ 82 before I bought the CZ 83. I would not have bought it if it were not chambered for 9x18. I really do not care much for the .32 or .380 compared to the 9x18.
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

CZ-82?

Post by devlinfaust »

Norm,

Thanks for the tip on Bartos, I have ordered the CZ-83 mag from him, as it would be good to have another mag (three of them).

Is there any chance that they'll make the CZ-83 C&R, too?

Or the P-64, for that matter?
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

CZ-82?

Post by trent »

Just got back from the range, it was my first firing of the cz82. I posted 2 targets up and shot one with the cz and the other with the p64 at 30 feet to compare accuracy, (i'll post pics later but they were fairly close to each other in accuracy at that distance. I then moved them to 50ft and got 2 of six shots on the paper (standard printer paper) with the p64 and nearly all 12 from the cz (but by then my right hand was quivering for some reason, it sometimes happens after about 20 or so shots from the p64, I can't figure it out, so I'd probably have gotten more on target with the 64.

I had a couple failure to feed problems with the cz82 though, it had trouble feeding wolf 100grain (I'll take pics of how it fed later) Ironically my p64 has never had a problem with the stuff, but I had my first feed problem today with the p64, 1 out of 50 silverbear 94g HP fed the exact same way the 100g fmj did in the cz82, the round went to the top of the barrell, missing the feed ramp aparantly.
Last edited by trent on July 17th, 2007, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

CZ-82?

Post by devlinfaust »

We had a beautiful day here in East Tennessee on Saturday and I finally got to really put the new CZ-82 to the test. We put about 125 rounds through it with three different shooters and it never missed a beat! It's very accurate and the recoil is mild, at least to me. I put my P-64 on top of it and was surprised that they are pretty close to the same size, overall. I say surprised, because when they are not side by side, I tend to think of the CZ-82 as a mid-sized and the P-64 as compact, but they are actually pretty close in overall dimensions.

I'm not getting rid of my P-64's, but I must say that this CZ-82 was a real bargain!

Thanks to everyone for 'pushing me over the edge', as I am very pleased with this acquisition!
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

CZ-82?

Post by trent »

hey guys! http://www.centerfiresystems.com/index. ... rodID=1207

check that out, these will go quick! although it doesn't say what condition they are in, if you are about to order one I'd call and check just so they don't sell you a rust bucket or anything
1dickhurtz

CZ-82?

Post by 1dickhurtz »

Got a great used CZ 82 cheap!
Was looking all over for a holster...a gun store around here has A LOT of USED and NEW holsters...he fitted me good!

A HUNTER PRO-HIDE SERIES #5319 TWO SLOT PANCAKE HOLSTER fits S&W 4006

fits GREAT... only problem? made for a 1" LONGER BARREL
That's it!!!
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

CZ-82?

Post by carguy »

I never knew the CZ-83 came in 9x18 I always thought it was strictly 7.?? (32cal) or 380. Well now I have another "want one" to add to my list!!
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

CZ-82?

Post by beasleydano »

I got mine in nickel finish plus 3 Makarovs from Warbird on Gunboards but I see some in polished blue steel on Auction Arms and Gunbroker from time to time. I like the round trigger guard of the CZ82 better than the squared one on the CZ83 but the finish of the CZ83 is more to my liking than the painted finish of the CZ82. Other than that they are about the same pistol.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

CZ-82?

Post by beasleydano »

Gentlemen:

Thanks for the info about the CZ-82/CZ-83 mags. I have PM'd Bartos about his CZ-83 mag, and hopefully he still has it. I got two mags with the aimsurplus deal, but would like at least one more.

My CZ-82 is really smooth and accurate. Aim advertised it as in excellent condition and it is. I tend to think this CZ-82 is a good millsurp alternative to a lot of things out there like the Stoeger Cougar, Beretta Storm compact, etc., that seem to be about the same size, but cost about three times as much!
I have 1 more CZ82/CZ83 mag in excellent condition that I can sell. PM or e-mail me for info.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

CZ-82?

Post by trent »

does anyone know how the cz82 would handle wolf 109grain?
1dickhurtz

CZ-82?

Post by 1dickhurtz »

I know it 'eats' TULA 100 grains :"like a fat man at a buffet" :P