CZ-82?

Use this section for all other firearms
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

CZ-82?

Post by devlinfaust »

Folks:

I own two P-64's and are very happy with both them. However, considering I have the C & R and could bring home a CZ-82, I have been debating on purchasing one, possibly from Aim Surplus, for some time.

For those of you who have owned both the P-64 and the CZ-82, I was wondering if the CZ-82 does anything in particular that the P-64 does not do? I am aware it has higher mag capacity, but otherwise, would it typically be more accurate, faster to deploy, or better suited to this or that situation?

Another area of concern is the finish. I understand that the finish of the CZ-82 is painted or baked on--not blued or parkarized. Has that been a problem for anyone? Does the CZ-83 retain it's finish, or are you looking at a mandatory bluing or duracoating job if you want to keep one?

Hey, if these questions can be answered, I know that this is the place to do get her done!

Many thanks!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

CZ-82?

Post by normsutton »

devlinfaust

here are some threads on the CZ-82
in this first thread there are 10 pages

http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?bo ... 1175352697

http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?bo ... 1177898348

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on June 28th, 2007, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

CZ-82?

Post by carguy »

DEV: I love my CZ-82. It is more accurate or a "regular" basis than my P-64. I haven't had one issue, other than the milsurp (dirty, gritty, just plain blach) condition it was in when I received it. And if you read my "OUCH" thread from about a week ago you know I'm not happy with my little P64 right now. The finish is okay, semi gloss black baked on paint job. If you get a good one there are minor if any dings, scratches...when Dan's Ammo had them I heard they were like new. Even the latest Aim supply has been rated as like new. It is larger than the P64 and Makarov. But there is something about it that is fun to shoot. It fits my hand perfectly. I have the 3 9x18 pistols mentioned in my response and my son enjoys the CZ-82 best while it is a draw for me between the Bulgarian Makariov and the CZ. I would definitely recomend that you buy one if it is within your budget.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

CZ-82?

Post by normsutton »

Just found this exploded view of the CZ-82 on a other web site

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/ ... akdown.jpg

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

CZ-82?

Post by anjdrifter »

One of my sons is here for a couple of days and I have to admit I had a little fun at his expense...He didn't know I have a CZ-82..
SO I was watching intently as he examined it..I could tell by his facial expressions and body language he was puzzled.. SO I had to ask him what he thought of the condition and etc.. He was so tactful when it came time to ask about if I had a new barrel on order since he said mine looked like it was a shotgun barrel...Moral to this story is Parents ARE always smarter then their children and it feels so good to have fun at their expense...aint payback great...
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

CZ-82?

Post by trent »

I just put a cz82 on layaway at my second home, I mean the gunshop. I'll have it paid off probably by next week,

at 237.50 I think I got a good deal

one thing I like about it is the amby holster it comes with, It looks (as my brother noticed) like a binocular case. Which is far less conspicuous, say when hiking or something
Last edited by trent on June 29th, 2007, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

CZ-82?

Post by devlinfaust »

Thanks to all. This is all very helpful, as I knew it would be. We're having a gun show out here today, and I may snag one there, but if not, will probably order one from Aim on Monday.

Again, many thanks.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

CZ-82?

Post by carguy »

Don't forget to post pictures of whatever you buy!!

We need to see everyone esle feeding the addiction too!!

8~)
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

CZ-82?

Post by dolang1 »

Trent, Thats as good a deal as I have seen. AIM's price at 200 is good, but when you add
freight, FEL, and taxes, you are back to 237 or beyond. Later Don
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

CZ-82?

Post by trent »

I just brought mine home, now it's time to take it apart and clean/grease it up
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

CZ-82?

Post by trent »

I've had this thing for about 7 hours now and I'm already loving it! buy one!!!
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

CZ-82?

Post by carguy »

If you like it now wait until you shoot it!!

8~)
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

CZ-82?

Post by devlinfaust »

Folks:

I went to the local gunshow here in Knoxville, Tennessee. I don't go to every gunshow, but I guess I go to about four or so a year, and have been for the past several years. This was the biggest one I had seen to date. No CZ-82's. Oddly, only a handful of Springfield XD's (another thing on my wish-list).

However, there was a table offering P-64's for $220. In fact, they had several of them, with a big sign. I found this interesting because it's the table from the same gunstore where I got my two 1968's from.

At that time, they were really happy that I was interested in the P-64, made a deal, if I would take two of them, and I wound up with two pristine 1968 P-64's for a shade over $300 out the door. That was a couple of years ago. Times, it would appear, have changed.

I guess it's on to AIM regarding the CZ-82.

Many thanks.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

CZ-82?

Post by trent »

A kind of funny CCWing an cz82 story,

I went for a quick trip down to a local burrito place since my p64 isn't carry ready at the moment, I took my cz82 and the only holster I could grab as I went out the door (the holster was one of those universal nylon belt type holster with a moveable clip) as I was getting out of the car I stuck it in the back of my cargo shorts and then noticed that not only did this make me look like I had a horrible growth coming out of my lower back (the holster was too bulky) but I had forgotten to put on a belt and it was really dragging my pants down. Alas, I didn't want to leave it in the car so I removed it from my back and put it in my cargo pocket (I aslo forgot to button the flap down, which I didn't notice until later) so I'm walking into this place with my left pant leg flying back and forth as I walked inside and ordered my food. Troughout all this I kept having to hike my pants back up (I don't get how those thugs can do that all day), as I sat there eating I happened to notice that the store's manager kept walking around and looking at me funny (only after I left did I guess that she saw the grip sticking out of my pocket and was trying to figure out If I was going to rob the place or something) After I got done eating, I called my brother to see if he wanted me to pick up anything for him, and proceeded back to the counter to make my second order. I made the transaction and everything was fine; but aparantly my mind was in space and I walked out the door after I had paid without waiting on the food to be made and handed to me, I abrubely turned around in the parking lot and went back in (still holding my pants up) and came back through the door and rushed up to the counter, making the manager lady jump back, I quickly explained that I walked out without my food and needed to grab it, she then relaxed.

The moral of this story---Drink milk every day! ;D
Last edited by trent on July 3rd, 2007, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barnett3006

CZ-82?

Post by barnett3006 »

I have one of those holsters to, I dont use it often. When I do I wear it IWB, it works pretty good like that. I tried it OWB a few times (I assume this is how you had it), didnt matter which gun I had holstered in the thing it looked like I had a 8 pound tumor on my hip.