What is your favorite revolver?

Use this section for all other firearms
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

bzinggg,
That is a sweet revolver. I'd be proud to own it.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

Thanks carguy, and redfestiva,

I imagine the one you learned on is a two and one half inch, like the one in the image I posted. It shoots real good and has enough weight to handle the .357 Mags. Damn good service gun.

My wife is a Smith fan. She likes this one:

It's rated for .38Sp+p and she likes plain .38 Sp. because of a little arthritis in her hands. Either way, it will do the job, because she can darn sure hit the target, let me tell you! ;D

bZ.
Last edited by bzinggg on September 2nd, 2007, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

Thanks carguy.

I imagine the one you learned on is a two and one half inch, like the one in the image I posted. It shoots real good and has enough weight to handle the .357 Mags. Damn good service gun.

My wife is a Smith fan. She likes this one:

It's rated for .38Sp+p and she likes plain .38 Sp. because of a little arthritis in her hands. Either way, it will do the job, because she can darn sure hit the target, let me tell you! ;D

bZ.
Bzingggg.
That 38 is the next gun I plan on buying. I think it would be perfect for my wife and I like it too.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Another nice S&W Bzinggg.

How much lighter is a Scandium snubby...any idea? I've heard they are a dream to carry but a nightmare to shoot! I was speaking with someone today at the range about that subject. By the time we finished out conversation he was trying to sell me a beautiful Model 29, 3"bbl, 44 mag. Nice just not in the budget at this time!

Is the recoil on your wife's airweight harsh at all (harsher than a steel snub nose)? I have an old Rossi 38 spl that I adore but the weight of the steel and added barrel length do help minimize recoil.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

When I first bought it, I took her out to the river to teach her to use it, and I was absolutely amazed at the accuracy out of such a short barrel. It was the Uncle Mike's grips that made it possible for her to hang on to it well enough to feel confident shooting it. It does kick, but the trigger is really sweet and she learned to hit with it right away. I gave her a P-64 and she shot it once and said, "Give me back my little Smith!" and that was that. :)

PS: I've never shot a Scandium model. I'm doubtful of the advantages and I am an auto man anyway. I've usually got a P-64 with me or very close by. If Iwas doing a security detail, I would carry the Model 19 or a 1911, and conceal the P-64.
Last edited by bzinggg on September 2nd, 2007, 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

A man of my heart...I love my 1911!! ;D
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by devlinfaust »

Himmel,

My Nagant revolver just "loves" the Triton JHP .32 mags! I think I read that the Fiocchi makes 178 foot pounds of energy, and that the Triton is like 230 foot pounds, which is about where 9mm Mak is, at least in general.

Anyway, the old Nagant shot fast and true with the .32 mags.

It's about half the price of the Fiocchi, the revoler likes it, and it's more powerful. Thanks again for the tip, Himmel!
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

One more to add to the list, bought a used S&W 340PD/.357mag. The pistol was carried much and shot little, no longer very pretty but real accurate.
I Like It!
G.R. :)