What is your favorite revolver?

Use this section for all other firearms
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

and even if you use the russian stuff for self defense, it'l probably be better than a .25 or so.

I e-mailed wolf a while back and they said they will be producing 7.62 nagant in I believe september, on the Wolf Gold line

it's interesting though, most people that e-mail wolf get that answer while about a third get, "sorry, we arent"
Last edited by trent on July 24th, 2007, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Hey Papabear !! That Topbreak revolver is quite beautiful !! Absolutely stunning condition ! I don't blame you for keeping it that way ! My IJ is in rough looking shape , but, it is the only revolver i have . They were considered to be throwaway/ junky saturday night specials from what i heard. Like Cooper(?) said , " The best gun to use in a fight is the one in your hand."

Hey AnJDrifter!! Can you please post a pic of your Iver Johnson .22 ? I would like to see what it looks like . Is it in good shape or is it rough like mine? just curious. Thanks ! G
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

It is redone by me good shape ;D . I used alum-hyde on it and refinished the grips/stocks a little I was lucky it was tight as tick when I got it. Also not all the IVs were Sat Nite specials as were not the S and W. that misnomer in my humble opinion came about by the influx of the off brands just as we have today with some cheap stuff. I am waiting to get my S and W 32 4th model back from smith (my son had it and did some damage) but it is a pretty renickled one and was my first revolver my dear old dad gave me. Papa bear saw it at Knob Creek
Last edited by anjdrifter on July 24th, 2007, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

AAAH !! Very Nice !!! It is not what i thought it'd look like at all. What year is it? Mine was pretty loose when I got it, but i tightened up the trigger guard screw and it brought the gun back up to shootable. It is pretty much a put away gun for showing the kids and such when they get older. Thanks for posting that Pic, Sir. BTW... is that a 7 or 8 shot or more, revolver? G
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

dont know the age but I believe in the fortys because of the extra metal finger brace in front of grip but not sure. It is a eight shot. My grandchildren love to shoot it when they visit.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

I did get to see anjdrifter's S&W 4th model nickel plated .32 at KC. I offered him a home made twist of tobacco, quart of Ky Moon and my next blue eyed child for that 4th model, but to no avail, he said he didn't want to wait that long............. ;D. Seriously, it is beautiful, makes my 5th model lemon squeezer look plain.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Great ! Thanks . I bet the grankids love it ! I let my 5 yr. old grandson shoot a .22 marlin 60 a few weeks ago and he keeps asking to go shooting with me now ! Great fun, and I stand right behind him ! hahahahha.
I started him off with a BB pistol and he got the act down and then i let him shoot the .22 and he really figured out how to aim then because he could see the dirt kicking up. I am gonna let him figure out the scope next time and maybe he'll like that ? heehee I have seven grandkids so i need to stock up on the Ammo ! Thanks again AnJDrifter, G
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by devlinfaust »

Yep, it doesn't sound like much, but over time the dime around would add up to a bunch. I guess my point was I just wish the agant 7.62 ammo was cheaper.

An ineresting weapon, without question.In some ways, way ahead of it's time, as my understanding is that it is still being used, in official capacities, to some degree.

Every time I bring it out, people who don't know about it are amazed that I've got a 60 plus year old revolver and that the cylinder moves up to the forcing cone, and it shoots bullets that are recessed into the case.

I didn't give much for mine, but it works great, is reasonably accurate, and I wouldn't take anything for it, despite the high cost of the ammo!
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Stop! Just STOP!! I can't afford another gun!!!

I have wanted a Nagant since I got my C&R. The cost of the ammo though not ridiculously expensive is still expensive and I have never been able to convince myself to just buy one.

SO PLEASE STOP! Or I'm going to sic my wife on all of you when she finds one in my safe.

I just have so many other things I want to save my money to buy. I still don't have a Nagant nor a CZ-52 and I could easily have both for about $200. And I already know the CZ ammo is extremely cheap so if I average it out they are both very affordable.

But then I'll never be able to afford a COLT (or S&W)1917 45 acp or that Cowboy 45 Colt like Nbenders (I'll never be able to afford one of to those anyways but maybe one that looks a little like it a little).

Help me I'm weak...so very very weak...and I definitely can't afford a divorce...8~)
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

Buy it for her!!! ;D
Last edited by trent on July 24th, 2007, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

ok I wont tell you that they are under eighty bucks at sog and other places. wont tell you how good they feel or they are built like tank. I wont tell that 32 longs are only 11 0r 12 a box of 50.
I wont tell you all the history,I wont tell you get holsters, lanyard tools with them. ok thats enough not to tell...
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

I'm eating my SOG flyer right now so I don't order one for $69.95 ($67.95 if I order 2 or more).

If I get one I'd want a 1925 to match my Mosin Nagant Izzie but then I'd really spend too much. So I need to stop being so anal and just buy the damn thing.

Somebody stop me. I just ordered a case of 9mm Mak ammo last night (can't wait till my wife has to sign for that one and lug it in the house).

I blame my wife for everything but she is great. I enjoy all the shooting and she supports me but I feel guilty as heck always playing with something with my son soon back in college, the front lawn dug up after a water pipe burst, the brick stairs falling apart (fighting the insurance on the pipe and stair fiasco) and finally my in-ground pool liner ripped and am waiting to just get someone out to give me an estimate...never got in the pool at all this summer...and probably won't until September (lots of fun then).

But I'll probably order one anyways then hate myself for a minute maybe two or at least until I shoot it!! 8~)
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

.32 longs make fun smoke! gets other people attention. I had a guy ask me "Is that some kind of webley?
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Hello ! I saw this link to those .45 clips that you guys were talking about. Here is the link and a bit of a quote from the article: http://www.ezmoonclip.com/page_4.htm

"His .45 caliber clips work with S&W or Colt 1917’s, and S&W 625 guns. Scott tells us:
“Since my background is in plastics design and injection molding; I knew that I could develop a clip that would hold the cartridge during shooting, but, be easy to load and unload. I found a material that would withstand repeated impacts. Within 2 months, the first prototype was made and modified. By June of 2003, the molded parts for the RIMZ 625 were available for sale.”

G

Hey CARGUY , you asked about shotshells for the pistols? This was very interesting ! See ya Man
http://www.firearmreflections.com/artic ... akegun.asp !
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

Papabear your Top break makes mine pale by comparison.