breaking the ice on the new forum

Use this section for all other firearms
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

Well then I'll start it off here, are there any other surplus handguns smaller than the p-64 the Zastava M70 looks smaller but aparantly isnt.
Last edited by trent on June 23rd, 2007, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Trent,
I was at a gun show in Hillsboro this morning and saw a Zastava M70 for the first time. I'm sure it is a well made pistol but it seemed larger and heavier to me than the P64. Don't quote that as fact, it was just my impression. My shooting partner, fairly honest Ed, has been looking for a 32 as a carry pistol and decided to pass on it because of it's size and weight. He really wishes the P64 came in 32acp, he does not like the kick of the 380 or the 9x18 cartridges. As far as a smaller military pistol, I believe the Colt Mustang was an issued side arm for awhile to several branches of the military. It was certainly not meant to be used as a field side arm but saw use for deep cover and for daily carry state side. It's official overall length was 5.5." with a weight of 18 1/2 ounces. I own a pocketlite model and would not want to bet my life on it. I have also read that the Astra made 25auto's for bureaucratic issue for a number years. A pistol similar in size to the P64 but heavier by two ounces, has been issued to the air forces of several South American and European countries, as an improved version of the LLama Micromax in 380acp. These pistole's still show up from time to time at Internet auction sites and command top dollar prices. There are history buffs out there that I'm sure will have other examples.
Great start for this section...............G.R.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Here's a pdf manual for one. I guess it also may be available in 7.65?

http://home.fuse.net/phoeflich/CUTE/inf ... pistol.pdf