Captured Arms in Iraq...a P64

Info, pictures, advice...
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Check out this thread and click on the last picture on the first post...that looks alot like a P64 on the sand bags.

And on the 2nd post the middle picture on the bottom seems to have Grayfox's Llama (maybe a 9mm or 45 looks bigger) and a Makarov!

Lots of recognizable and UN-recognizable firearms there...pretty cool stuff... 8-)

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=34242
bartos061

Post by bartos061 »

Yes definitely this is P-64.
In sixties and seventies Poland cooperate with Iraq in many different things. Polish engineers builds roads and other facilities. And we sell them some weapon. By the way Iraqi airborne forces used polish parachuter helmets.
warthog

Post by warthog »

I think the middle gun (above the P-64) is a CZ of some sort...
Last edited by warthog on March 30th, 2008, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

in the pic with the whole bunch of handguns,
http://forums.gunboards.com/attachment. ... 1205567851
i count what looks like 4 LLama pistols, 5 high-powers, 2 hungarian feg's, 1 makarov pm, one 1895 nagant revolver (chrome no doubt), 1 french looking revolver, 1 some type of old steyr?, 1 stanless steel whatsit and a grimey revolver that's only mostly intact
orchidhunter

Post by orchidhunter »

Looks like some stuff you would see at a police buy-back. orchidhunter
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Hell...I'd pay retail if some of this stuff would only show up at a local gunshop!!!

It is scarey thinking about the quantities of "stuff"...arms, stocks, bayonets, and the like that are roting away and because they cannot be imported back to the US they seem to be regularly destroyed! Now I'm not trying to perpetuate an arms deal but why isn't someone over there buying up this stuff and doing something with it? Just the furniture and the metal to attach it could be worth a fortune not to mention the assortment of accessories that are probably there as well! Any aspiring entrepreners out there? I got $100 to invest with youy... ::)...let me know.
orchidhunter

Post by orchidhunter »

carguy, I'm sure there is someone there that would sell it to us, finding someone to bring it back for us might be a problem. orchidhunter