Buy them here they are cherry

Info, pictures, advice...
fritzhund

Post by fritzhund »

Hey all 8-)

I have seen this link on the site, but I really would like to stress the quality of the P-64's available from MCS. I just received my second one from them and will be ordering a third.

I bought a 1975 and a 1972. Paul is looking for a 1965 for me, that's my birth year.

Paul is awesome to deal with, very honest, and the gun pictured is the one you will receive. Most have TWO matching numbered magazines.

Right now the price for these pristine examples is $165+shipping.

Check them out.

Don't be turned off if you see that he is sold out. The stock is updated on a regular basis.

www.mcsfirearms.com

fritzhund

:) To the administrators, moderators:

It would be appreciated if MCS could, and should, be listed on the homepage as a good source to purchase P-64's from. I told Paul that I would ask if this would be possible, and he is by far a much better source than the auction sites.
Last edited by fritzhund on March 14th, 2008, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
torpeau

Post by torpeau »

I bought a 1975 and a 1972. Paul is looking for a 1965 for me, that's my birth year.
Paul is awesome to deal with, very honest, and the gun pictured is the one you will receive. Most have TWO matching numbered magazines.
I had bought two P-64s from someone else and they were in very good shape, but when I discovered that there was an earlier, round hammer version and some of them were at MCS, I ordered one, a '68. It looked so nice when it arrived, that I ordered another P-64 from them. I have been very pleased with how they do business.

BTW, I think it's the older, round hammer versions that have the really, really bad DA trigger pull.
Last edited by torpeau on March 14th, 2008, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

Fritz,
Great site. Thanks
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

To the administrators, moderators:

It would be appreciated if MCS could, and should, be listed on the homepage as a good source to purchase P-64's from. I told Paul that I would ask if this would be possible, and he is by far a much better source than the auction sites.
No problem - thanks for the link.
fritzhund

Post by fritzhund »

:)

Glad to be of service.

His are the best, believe me, I have seen much worse for a lot more money. I just ordered my third one from him, a 1968.

I owe it to the form to go the extra mile. The information I have gathered here is second to none.

Thanks to all of you.

fritzhund
jonj

Post by jonj »

I have been wanting one for a while, and while searching online for one I came across this thread. Anyways, I ordered one and should have it in a matter of days. Thanks for the link, and I look forward to lurking the site.
tody

Post by tody »

Just picked my first p-64 up from MCS and let me tell you this gun is like new and so are the other p-64's that Paul has, I personally picked my '75 out but the other were just as nice. Paul is a real nice guy to deal with.
bobtx

Post by bobtx »

I got one a while back from him as well.

"Cherry!!"

Bob
garda77

Post by garda77 »

I was thinking about picking one up there too. Which year would be the best? Anything to look for that would indicate rarity/defects/etc? This would be a first, BTW.
electross

Post by electross »

garda77,
Go to the mcsfirearms.com and link into the P64's. I just looked at each one offered and picked. Mine was a 1973 and it was in great shape. I don't own one with a round hammer but experience from the others tells you that a round hammer version has a harder DA. If thats a concern. Mine arrived at a local gunshop in two days. S shipping goes well also. Triangle hammered P64's start around 1971 or 70, (I think) some others may know, but you can tell from the pictures. Go with your gut. :)
electross

Post by electross »

garda 77,
I just visited the site, looks like 1972 is when the triangular hammered P64's came about. The triangle hammer might make pulling the hammer back with your thumb a little easier. I think there was also some modifications in 1972. Check out the history on the home page of this forum, there might be more info there. ;D
garda77

Post by garda77 »

Thanks, it says on the home page that they made some changes around 1972 so I think I'll grab one made in '72 or later. Any common defects/problems to look out for?
electross

Post by electross »

garda77,
Nah, no problems or defects that I'm aware of, make your best pick and go for it. Ammo wise, Wolf Military Classic 95 grn 9X18 FMJ works in mine real well. But thats what a local Gunshop stocks. I haven't heard or read that the P64 is to picky. Someone else may chime in here with better recommendations. Get one, shoot it, then there is some spring changes you may want to make to the recoil and hammer springs. There's info about that on this forum. Go back through the old posts and browse the "Fixes and Modifications" also, that should hook you up with information for awhile. I have a lot of fun shooting the P64, taking it apart and playing with making it an even better pistol than it already is, as most of the other folks on here. For the money, you can't go wrong. Good luck. ;D
donw

Post by donw »

I could be wrong,but I think the hammer change,and some other minor trigger changes started in the year of our Lord,1973.

Don
fritzhund

Post by fritzhund »

After what I have read on the forum I believe that the hammer change was in 1972. After discussing this with Paul at MCS and looking at the examples he has listed I have noticed some earlier P-64's with triangle hammers. Perhaps these were rebuilt at some point or assembled from parts? I don't know for sure.

Hey Bartos! How are you doing?

Maybe you can answer this one :o

Fritzhund ;)