Shot the P64 today

Info, pictures, advice...
maddogrecurve

Shot the P64 today

Post by maddogrecurve »

I had 5 total jams again today!! I could'nt get through a full clip without a jam.
I dont know what is going on but it sucks. It seems that the ejector is not full pushing the round into the chamber. Its easy to correct the jams, just slide the slide back a little then let it go.

I would'nt want to have to use this in a defensive situation thats for sure.

I will stick with my CZ83 for reliable carry!

Thanks guys for a great site.

Jeff
michaelap

Shot the P64 today

Post by michaelap »

It is hard to see what is going on since nobody here can see, just for kicks get with someone at the range when you shoot. Maybe a fresh pair of eyes can help. Good luck I love mine and I trust it.
michaelap

Shot the P64 today

Post by michaelap »

Also check the "MAGAZINE" I had issues with a couple aftermarket magazines that caused a jamming problem. ps. a clip is on a much larger gun.
maddogrecurve

Shot the P64 today

Post by maddogrecurve »

I dont know, my son shot it too and it jammed on him too. Who knows. I know it''s a good gun and the """"MAGAZINES!!!!!!''''''' are the originals.

I will try to work on it later.
michaelap

Shot the P64 today

Post by michaelap »

Be patient it could be a number of things. Besides sometimes it can be fun meeting the challenge solving it, don't give up!
Last edited by michaelap on March 14th, 2008, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maddogrecurve

Shot the P64 today

Post by maddogrecurve »

I know, i will have some time to work on it next week and will totally tear it down and maybe clean everything and even polish all the moving parts. Maybe that will help. I think it's the extractor not pushing the round in the chamber.

Jeff
michaelap

Shot the P64 today

Post by michaelap »

Let us know how it goes, besides the railroad tracks in the web of my hand I enjoy shooting mine
maddogrecurve

Shot the P64 today

Post by maddogrecurve »

Lol "Railroad tracks" thats the truth!!!! The thing kicks like a mule too. Shot my 45 acp the other day right after the p-64 and the 45 felt like a pellet gun lol.........

Jeff
michaelap

Shot the P64 today

Post by michaelap »

I said on another thread about how my hand bleeds and my wife grabs the .40 and has a walk in the park. It's ok I don't really see the hand til I am done and had a good time at the range.
donw

Shot the P64 today

Post by donw »

Hi,
What year is yours? Ive got a 1971 I havent tried out yet.

Don
michaelap

Shot the P64 today

Post by michaelap »

1969 and I do love it get out as soon as you can you will mostlikely have a good time!
maddogrecurve

Shot the P64 today

Post by maddogrecurve »

I shot her today, put about 100 rounds or maybe a little more through it. It did'nt jam on the first two mags but after that, jammed on the last round 3 times.. It's confusing, when it jams, it seems that the bullet does'nt seat in the chamber. It's like the bullets get cockeyed.

It sure shoots good though, i even rapid fired it!!!!!
mamcdonald

Shot the P64 today

Post by mamcdonald »

Does anyone make or supply replacement mag springs for the P64? The jams happen on the last round, right? It sounds like, to my complete lack of knowledge, the mag spring is strong enough to lift the round juuust enough to go into the chamber, but not enough to completely go into battery.
gypsydavy

Shot the P64 today

Post by gypsydavy »

Maddogrecurve, what's yer ammo? I've had this happen twice with silver bear. I also noticed that silver bear is very dry and feeds into the mag roughly. Compared to brass which slides smoothly into the mag and has never failed to feed for me. I recently shot up the last of my silver bear and will be shooting only brass for now on. Problem solved.

However, I am a complete novice and this may be total BS! I would love to hear other opinions on this. Try taking a handful of non brass ammo vs a handful of brass. Roll them around in your hand. If you were a gun, which would you rather have fed to ya?

At the Gun Show in Nashville today there was a dealer who had 7 or 8 original mags for the 64 going at $30 each.

gypsydavy
electross

Shot the P64 today

Post by electross »

Hi maddogrecurve,
Have you tried different ammo. I shoot Wolf 95 grn military classic. I have heard horror stories with that stuff, but I can get it close by and the price is right. Silver Bear is not available to me through the local Gun Store that I hang out in. Try some Wolf. My P64 shoots that stuff without any problems. There is also MFS +P that might work out for you, it's all brass cased. That might slide into battery better as gypsydavy stated.