Who carries to Church

Info, pictures, advice...
pss849

Who carries to Church

Post by pss849 »

With the way the world is today and with the Crusades
(IMO) of old still being fought, does anyone go armed when going to church?

I carry - but not in the church.
I hope I never need it till I get back on the road.
Other than inside the church - I'm armed at all times.

May GOD be with you.

Stay Safe.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Who carries to Church

Post by abwehr »

I don't make a habit of it because it is not comfortable sitting in the pew, or the Sunday School chairs. I have never talked to the preacher about it, but knowing him, I think he would agree that it is fine to carry in Church!
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Who carries to Church

Post by dolang1 »

This Christmas I had my guardian in a wallet holster at Christmas Eve Mass. Sometimes my wife dresses me funny and I was wearing a pair of pants that I don't normally wear. Right after we were seated, I noticed that the guardian didn't fit all the way down into my back pocket. I could almost feel the people behind me starring at my gun every time we knelt on the prayer bench. Noone saw the gun, but it was the longest service of my life.
cruiser

Who carries to Church

Post by cruiser »

"Wife dresses me funny"
And to think I got dinged on Manly points for not owning an air compresser! :-)
fjblackesq

Who carries to Church

Post by fjblackesq »

I cannot speak for everyone or every where, but in Michigan it is unlawful to CC in a Church, school or other place of assemblage, check it out!!!!! fjb
mikethewreck

Who carries to Church

Post by mikethewreck »

I usually carry to church and take pains to be VERY low key in my carry (P-64 helps)!
cz83

Who carries to Church

Post by cz83 »

I used to carry pre 9/11 but no more (it stays in the car now).
mongo

Who carries to Church

Post by mongo »

not allowed in Texas.
newgunner

Who carries to Church

Post by newgunner »

Also unlawful in Georgia to CC in a Church, school or other place of assemblage. :'(
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Who carries to Church

Post by abwehr »

You know, a place of assemblage like a school, concert, courthouse, etc, I MIGHT can understand, but a chruch is a private place unless that particular church has a "no carry" rule in their by-laws.

With verbage like a "place of assemblage" I can see lawmakers using this against us if they want. A place of assemblage could be a mall, restuarant, walking around downtown, a public park, or anywhere folks could gather in groups.

Wow, I never realized that Texas and Georgia would not allow CC in Church! I might need to recheck the SC laws, LOL!
fjblackesq

Who carries to Church

Post by fjblackesq »

Churches are considered "low crime areas" at least the ones I atrtend. Time to put away the toys and pay attention to the "Word"!!! Leaqve it in the car, in a locked steel box, of course.
xelloss

Who carries to Church

Post by xelloss »

This, again, makes me glad I live in Indiana (where it's perfectly legal)... So few things do, though, so I guess I was owed one... ;D ;D ;D

-Mark
fjblackesq

Who carries to Church

Post by fjblackesq »

mark in Indiana: check it out---no guns in Church in INDIANA... i HAQD cc THERE FOR OVER 20 YRS... lived in Munster, Lake County... Chjeck w/ state cops. fjb
tunnelrat

Who carries to Church

Post by tunnelrat »

Here in Ohio we can carry in church if they post that it's okay, or if we have permission from someone in authority. I have long made it a point to be armed when I am there. I reason that most of the others are not and somebody ought to be ready should the wolf pay a visit...

I used to keep a 1911 or a Hi-Power with me. These days it's my P-64 (don't tell anyboyd on the Mak board...).
xelloss

Who carries to Church

Post by xelloss »

mark in Indiana: check it out---no guns in Church in INDIANA... i HAQD cc THERE FOR OVER 20 YRS... lived in Munster, Lake County... Chjeck w/ state cops. fjb
Hmmm... I'll check with Jim (my buddy who's the local Chief of Police) and see if that's still true, or whether that was a regional thing... Rules do vary somewhat, but here in rural IN they tend to be plenty loose regarding where you can carry...

-Mark