Who carries to Church

Info, pictures, advice...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Who carries to Church

Post by papabear »

"abwehr" Thank you! For all that expressed their opinions, thank you too, but a special thanks to "himmel" who had the courage to say he was sorry, regardless if he was right or wrong!! Please, lets keep this a gun borad. We already know that religion and politics don't mix, just look at the world situation today.
POINT SHOOTER
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Who carries to Church

Post by abwehr »

No problems guys, I have done the same thing myself from time to time with responses on Forums. The biggest problem with Forums is you can't read the "intent" sometime what a post is saying, so we must be careful how we present ourselves in a response on any forum and keep in mind, the other party/s reading will interpret an answer differently.

I still feel this has been a good thread as I had never thought too much about carry in Church. I think we have all learned a lot from this discussion!
butch50

Who carries to Church

Post by butch50 »

I don't feel that I have been out of line, I certainly haven't meant to be.

But if I have, I apologize.
fjblackesq

Who carries to Church

Post by fjblackesq »

To all: Likewise, I apologize, but I cant help retorting any kind of pontificating!!!! CZAKboy
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Who carries to Church

Post by abwehr »

Guys,

I don't feel anyone was out of line, so don't worry! I just wanted to make sure we don't get into any type "spitting contest" (hey, don't all of you like my Southern terms, LOL). Like i said, this has been an enlightening thread for all of us. I want us all to be good friends and be able to agree to disagree!
butch50

Who carries to Church

Post by butch50 »

OK then logically:

If guns are not inherently evil, then carrying one is not an inherently evil act.

If carrying a gun is not a sin, then carrying one in church would not make it a sin.

Unless the church made it obvious that they would not approve of carrying on their premises, in which case the honorable thing to do is to honor their wishes.

Carrying a gun, legally, does not a vigilante or a terrorist make.
daysleeper

Who carries to Church

Post by daysleeper »

OK, I won't continue with the church thing, but I do agree with the golf thing. Carry your p-64 on the golf course! Keep it in your bag because, as was mentioned before, carrying it in your belt can affect your swing. I gave up golf a few years ago but I can't remember how many times I cold have used this baby on the weekends. Heck, the course rangers carry guns down here, I saw one unclip her holster once on the first tee when some bozo tried to hit out of turn. And I was on the course one day when a homeowner came out and shot a golfer because his house was hit. He got the right foursome, but he hit the wrong golfer. And I saw a guy maul his playing partner with a seven iron one day. Dude, clear the green, and take your ribs with you. I hope I never succumb to the golf demon again but if I do you can bet I'll be carrying.
butch50

Who carries to Church

Post by butch50 »

I have never actually seen violence on a golf course. I have seen some irate people, but no one took action.

But. I do like to get out real early and play, often alone. I have on several occasions run across some pretty strange people out there wandering around not playing golf. Talking to themselves and shouting at trees and stuff. I have also run across some really odd people while playing in a group during the middle of the day. Golf courses are probably no more dangerous than 7-11s, but you never know if you will ever need to defend yourself anywhere.

Who carries to Church

Post by 8080 »

I carry at church & getting my p-64 has helped me from people hugging me & feeling my 5 inch 1911A1. Know one says anything but now my P-64 can't be made very well. How do I know a muslim isnlt going to bust in during service & try & kill us. I believe it happened once. Good subject.........80-80
kempin

Who carries to Church

Post by kempin »

Hey gang,

Ok, I realize that I am a little late on this one, but perhaps I should lend a comment since I am a Christian pastor.

For the record, there is no Christian commandment or prohibition against (lawfully) possessing or carrying a weapon. Shooting up a church or being reckless with a deadly weapon--yes, we would consider that wrong. The idea, however, that guns are ethically or morally wrong comes from sources other than Christianity.

As food for further thought, there have been warnings sent out by homeland security to certain churches and Christian organizations cautioning them that Christian churches who evangelize muslims are a #1 terrorist target priority, according to an Al Qaeda directive. This Al Qaeda directive was intercepted a couple of years ago, so it is not exactly new, but the point is that a church, rather than being a "safe zone," could be specifically targeted for attack. Personally, I, as a pastor, find the idea of trained and responsible members with guns to be more reassuring than troubling.

Finally--and this is not meant to be a flame--I thought it interesting that the strongest negative opinions on this issue were expressed by people who, by their own admission, do not attend church. I'm not sure I understand that.

Anyway, this much I know: I think I had better stay away from the golf course! Those are some pretty serious golfers, daysleeper!

God bless and straight shooting,

-Kempin
kempin

Who carries to Church

Post by kempin »

Wow! I am REALLY late!

I saw the late February dates and thought that it was a current hot thread. It was only after I posted that I noticed the year.

Everyone was talking about this LAST year!

Oh well, for what it is worth.

-Kempin
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Who carries to Church

Post by himmel »

Funny thing--the issue was briefly revived on another thread, can't recall which now, not too long ago--So don't feel bad... ;)
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Who carries to Church

Post by normsutton »

RB
this the same thread

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
sheriff51

Who carries to Church

Post by sheriff51 »

It look like the thread has been revived. In Kansas we just got CCW this year They had to include churches in the places you cannot carry to get the votes to pass the law. There are plenty of problems that the leg.is going to hopefully fix in the coming term.
kempin

Who carries to Church

Post by kempin »

So what would give the state the right to ban guns in a church? Since when are churches public property?