9x18 ammo

Info, pictures, advice...
orchidhunter

9x18 ammo

Post by orchidhunter »

As I am new to the sport, I have a question, do you feel safe shooting the 9x18 import or milsurp ammo. orchidhunter
Last edited by orchidhunter on February 27th, 2008, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barnett3006

9x18 ammo

Post by barnett3006 »

milsurp ammo is perfectly safe to shoot in the gun its made for. Imported non military ammo is safe to, although the quality control on Wolf brand ammo is questionable.

I have shot 1000's of rounds of 9x18mm milsurp/imported ammo and have zero problems with it. I don't like shooting Wolf 9x18mm ammo, but I have no problems shooting Wolf in either my AK or my SKS.

Just shoot safely and pay attention to your gun and how it feels and sounds. If you fire a round and it didn't feel or sound like the rounds before it then stop shooting and clear your gun. Make sure there isn't a bullet lodged in the barrel before you resume shooting.
gotmak

9x18 ammo

Post by gotmak »

I have shot 1,000 rounds of the Norinco Milsurp FMJ and have not had one bad round. I paid $5 a box of 50 a couple years ago, and wish I had 2,000 more. :-/
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

9x18 ammo

Post by nbender »

orchidhunter is now new to the sport??
orchidhunter

9x18 ammo

Post by orchidhunter »

Timbo, Glad your out of the chinese ammo. The chinese are not concerned with the safety of our children. Do I think they are concerned with the safety of me and you? No. orchidhunter
Last edited by orchidhunter on February 28th, 2008, 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orchidhunter

9x18 ammo

Post by orchidhunter »

barnett3006, Very good post. orchidhunter
barnett3006

9x18 ammo

Post by barnett3006 »

Sure. But whether or not the Chinese are concerned with anyones safety, they do make some fine ammunition. I personally have some 7.62x39mm preban Norinco ammo that I am hording because it is probably the best ammo out there.

Of all of the Chinese ammo that I have shot, I have had one squib load (just happened to be a 9x18mm) but there was still enough powder to push the bullet out of the bore. However, factory squib loads and over loads can happen with any kind or brand of ammo. On domestic ammo that is when you here about ammo recalls on specific lot numbers.

My dad was shooting Winchester made 300 WSM to tune a scope and got a factory over load that seized the action shut.
gotmak

9x18 ammo

Post by gotmak »

I didn't see your post "O". I did not say I was out of Norinco, just that I would like to have a lot more of the Norinco. I carry with it right now, I take it to the range with my wife & (6) children because I have found it to be a great round for plinking as well as self defense purposes. The Makarov was designed for the FMJ round and other than the earlier Corbin JHP, it works the best in my Makarov's. I am confident it will go BANG, and get the BG off me. I have found it to be a consistent round with no squibs reported that I can recall. Do you have credible info to the contrary? I just haven't heard of anything that would make me go against my personal experience. ???
orchidhunter

9x18 ammo

Post by orchidhunter »

Timbo, I guess I have been waving the American economy flag to much here, and on other boards . Timbo, if you trust your life, and the lives of your loved ones to it, I can find no fault with that. I hope your choice never comes back to haunt you. orchidhunter
Last edited by orchidhunter on March 2nd, 2008, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gotmak

9x18 ammo

Post by gotmak »

The Norinco hasn't been imported to the US in, what, 15 years? I don't want to overly help out the Chinese economy on purpose, but like yours, my house is loaded with "Made in China" stickers. :D It is hard to get around that little gold sticker, however, I do pull off the sticker whenever I find one. :P