monarch ammo?

Info, pictures, advice...
gringo

monarch ammo?

Post by gringo »

I just saw that academy has started carrying monarch brand ammo at around 8 something for a box of 50. 94gr bullet, with the laquer coated steel. Has anyone tried these, if they work well the price sounds good. They would be for my p-64 and cz-82. i mostly just shoot the s&b stuff when i can find a good price. thanks.
drogers

monarch ammo?

Post by drogers »

I have no experience with Monarch. This recent topic showed a variety of sites for ammo. SOG has the best price for brass ammo, non-corrosive, it runs about what you quoted.
http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?bo ... 1203115301
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

monarch ammo?

Post by nbender »

I believe Monarch is Russian made from the Barnaul factory. I have never seen it in 9x18 and I can't find it listed on Academy's web site. Gringo, if you have found some Monarch in 9x18 I would like to make it worth your time to pick some up for me. Please send me a PM when you have a chance.
gringo

monarch ammo?

Post by gringo »

Not sure if anyone's interested but I tried some out in my cz-82 (new to me, wanted to try it out) and it worked fine. 100 rounds, I had one ftf which was the last round and I'm sure was a mag issue. Just bumped the slide and it went into battery and fired no problems. I loaded that mag with 11 the rest of the time and had no more problems. I'll try it out in the p-64 next time I go to the range.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

monarch ammo?

Post by nbender »

100 rounds! Sounds like a good range visit.

We're all interested in new ammo. Thanks for the report.
barnett3006

monarch ammo?

Post by barnett3006 »

any possibility of an internet link for this ammo? I did a web search and counldnt find anything.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

monarch ammo?

Post by nbender »

I couldn't find anything either. Academy does not list it on their web site; in fact I can't see that Academy does internet sales.
gringo

monarch ammo?

Post by gringo »

I checked the internet as well and didn't find anything. I got it from a Dallas store. I don't know if they will ship from individual stores. They carry monarch in most calibers, like I said they just got 9X18 in recently. Most of the other monarch is brass cased and is more expensive. I think .45 was around $16 or $17 a box.