new here , just bought a p-64 and it broke :(

Info, pictures, advice...
weetabix

Post by weetabix »

Welcome aboard, Fattie!

I'm going to second all the advice to clean it, fix it, and shoot it.

Mine malfunctioned quite a bit at first until I got it broken in - say a couple hundred rounds. I think the soldiers who had this issued to them were expected to "finish" it themselves - clean, polish, deburr, etc. Has anyone else read that?

I have two others I've never shot because I haven't had time to clean them yet.

As to the safety - my hammer won't stay back when I put the safety on and pull it back. I'd assume that's because the safety is also a decocker - with the hammer cocked, if you put the safety on, it drops the hammer. It makes sense that the hammer wouldn't stay back if you pulled it back with the safety on.

I'm taking my CCW class this Saturday, and I won't hesitate to carry my P-64.

It's so accurate, the rounds go where I'm looking even if I'm not aiming there! ::)
fattie

Post by fattie »

btw; if you decide to sell it, can I get first crack at it?
i think im going to just get my money back on it. maybe ill pick another one up in the future. not really sure what i wanna do with it.
protector

Post by protector »

Same Fattie as on the BJJ Forum? Don't send it back,these are getting too hard to find to not hang onto it,just let the seller make it right for you.Your in good hands here,especially with NORMSUTTON,he's our resident (go to guy) when something goes wrong,he's like (diehard) on the BJJ Forum.Keep it,get it fixed and I'm positive you wont be dissatisfied after the new trigger guard.... ;D
Last edited by protector on February 19th, 2008, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small,hit small...
kempin

Post by kempin »

Fattie,

To be honest, that sounds like a good plan. If I bought a pistol that broke, I would want my money back, even if the make and model were known to be good.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be afraid to replace it with another p-64. What happened to yours is hardly typical.

Good luck with your decision.

-Kempin
fattie

Post by fattie »

nope , im a different fattie :) , im going to return the pistol saturday and get my 176$ back , then im taking my conceal and carry course on sunday , a local police officer and friend of my grandparents teaches it out of his home about a mile away and shoot some of his guns, if none of them excite me , then ill goto the gunshop directly next door and have him order me a p64 .

i think it will run me about 200 from him , but hes my friends uncle so i would like to give him my business. i have a feeling that this one was abused because it doesnt really look like it was "arsenal refinished" like the guy told me.

i really do like the pistol but the 6round mag kinda turns me off , but i guess 6 rounds is more than enough to stop an attacker. on a side note the guy did offer me a p63? a walther copy. what is better for conceal and carry ? i really wanted a glock 19 , but the 4-500 dollar price is to much for me right now. thanks for the help
fattie

Post by fattie »

one more thing. before i decide to return the pistol , i want to look it all over for signs of abuse. what should i look for specificly to be worn or damaged ? thanks
protector

Post by protector »

The PA63 is a good CCW,maybe consider that too...
Aim small,hit small...