Corrosive Ammo

Info, pictures, advice...
volfandan

Corrosive Ammo

Post by volfandan »

ok all you old people... does anyone one remember in basic training taking the rifles into the shower to clean em.
I shower with my gun every time I shower......just never have taken my rifle in the shower ;D
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Corrosive Ammo

Post by blinddog »

We had to sleep with ours. (rifle that is)Gun usually stayed at ease. ;D
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Corrosive Ammo

Post by nbender »

ok all you old people... does anyone one remember in basic training taking the rifles into the shower to clean em.
Al, I don't think I ever showered with my rifle!

But I remember in Basic Training once, in 1967, the company armorer - an E6 - one night flat rejected everybody's rifle as not clean enough. We'd all go back to the barracks and clean and clean, go back to the arms room and he'd reject it again. Finally one guy put a dollar bill in the chamber. The Sgt. pulled back the bolt, looked in the chamber, and he declared his first rifle clean for the night. That was well past midnight. So we all went back to the barracks, put a dollar bill in the chamber, and stood in line to get our rifle accepted. I got to bed around 2:30 and was up at 0500.

That still pisses me off. That S.O.B. made over $200 that night. At the time I was being paid $89 a month - barely more than Custer's men made. And I had to pay for my haircuts, brass shiner, toilitries, candy bars, etc. Grrrrrr ....
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Corrosive Ammo

Post by papabear »

That's what I was making in 65' [$89 a month]. I never had to take my rifle to the shower, but I remember the saying in boot camp, "this is my rifle and this is my gun, this is for killing and this is for fun" I took my gun to the shower every night.......... ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Corrosive Ammo

Post by grayfox »

That's what I was making in 65' [$89 a month]. I never had to take my rifle to the shower, but I remember the saying in boot camp, "this is my rifle and this is my gun, this is for killing and this is for fun" I took my gun to the shower every night.......... ;D

papabear
Papabear,
Did you have to hand carry your gun? :D
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Corrosive Ammo

Post by papabear »

Yelp, with both hands........ ::)

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Corrosive Ammo

Post by trent »

::)
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Corrosive Ammo

Post by himmel »

Fortunately, Chris isn't looking over my shoulder anymore... ;)