GUNSHOW TODAY

Info, pictures, advice...
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

GUNSHOW TODAY

Post by carguy »

Went to a show today and not a P-64 to be seen...not that there are alot in Mass anyways! I did see 2 Makarovs...a Bulgy for $249 and an EG for $459... :'(

Then I saw 9x18 ammo (I don't recall the manuf.) for $18.00 a box of 50!!! I pay $8-$10 plus a couple of bucks shipping!!!

Times they are a changin.
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

GUNSHOW TODAY

Post by space »

Where is Mass and is it still there today?
dwd

GUNSHOW TODAY

Post by dwd »

I went to a gun show yesterday, al beit a small one. No P-64s and no Makarovs. One PA-63 for $169. I found two boxes of 9x18 ammo for $14 per box of 50. We negotiated to $24 for both and I still thought that was high.
If I shoot these 9x18s much i am going to have to dust of the ol' reloader.
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

GUNSHOW TODAY

Post by carguy »

SPACE

Marlboro at the Best Western, 495 S to exit 24 (A or B) the first one you hit, heading west. There today too! Vey good show this year!

Then early Feb at the Centrum in Worcester...sportsman show with lots of manufacturers.

Finally in Wilmington, MA at the Shrine Auditorium in early April.
Last edited by carguy on January 27th, 2008, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gotmak

GUNSHOW TODAY

Post by gotmak »

Image Wow, unless the Circle 10 was a NIB or something special, it sounds like a sellers market there on the East Coast Mister.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

GUNSHOW TODAY

Post by nbender »

Well, $249 for a Bulgy is unfortunately getting to be more common all over the country. But I'll certainly reject paying $459 for an East German model.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

GUNSHOW TODAY

Post by papabear »

+1 with nbender, $250 for a Bugie in VG condition is a little high but not bad, but $460 for a E.G. Mak is way of out line in my neck of the woods, Cole's has VG condition E.G. Mak's for $350. Different area's of the country have different prices but everything on avg is going up and by this time next year they will probably even higher.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

GUNSHOW TODAY

Post by grayfox »

I use to love the gun shows, but I,m getting tired of paying 10.00 just to get in. I can order on-line and the shipping is about 10.00. ;)
kempin

GUNSHOW TODAY

Post by kempin »

Dust it off, dwd! You won't regret it!
doyle

GUNSHOW TODAY

Post by doyle »

I went to the Palmetto, Fl show on Saturday. One dealer had a P-64 and the price was $275. Needless to say I passed on that one. Then, I found a dealer that had one marked $175. I talked him down to $150. With tax and NICS, I was out $164 for a 1972 round hammer with 2 mags.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

GUNSHOW TODAY

Post by carguy »

I really enjoyed the show this year. It had alot of firearms at various price ranges in both excellent and poor quality. So a full spectrum of "stuff" was available! Then all the old militaria is always fun...who's trying to sell replica stuff as real etc. Not alot of ammo, I was surprised to find very little and no deals what so ever...I looked for 32 acp and found it at 3 dealers from $15.50 to $31.00 for a box of 50. The cheaper of the 3 refused to discount (offered $40 for 3 boxes) so I picked up some 32 cal reloads from a friend for the new Colt cheap.

There is always ..."the next show"... 8-)
dwd

GUNSHOW TODAY

Post by dwd »

$5 to my little gun show. I'm sure the bigger ones cost more. I just printed a $1 coupon for the Kansas City show but I can't find anywhere what it cost to get in. I take my 9 year old son, who's a gun nut, and last week he was free. But I told him I can do a lot better buying guns online. It might be different if I were trying to trade. I live too far away to go home and get something to trade and I don't have anything I really want to get rid of anyway.

As far as reloading goes, would I be better to buy some brass or buy bullets and save my brass? With these 9x18 makarov's it is hard to find ammo. Unless it says "reloadable" I assume it is not.
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
doyle

GUNSHOW TODAY

Post by doyle »

$

Unless it says "reloadable" I assume it is not.
Generally, I've found it is just the opposite. Most of what I have seen (at least with American manufacturers) is that non-reloadable stuff (mainly steel cased) will say Non-reloadable. Reloadable stuff usually doesn't say anything.