Odd observance at gun show

Info, pictures, advice...
mikenac

Post by mikenac »

A friend of mine just picked one up at a show last week in PA for $185.00 (1974). Prices at the show ranged from $175-$200. I got mine a year and a half ago for $160.00 with two mags and 50 rounds.

I love the gun, but once you get into the 300's range, that is borderline PPK price.
thatguy91k

Post by thatguy91k »

reprisejim wrote:

Perhaps just a quirk as I was in search of a Kimber CDP II Ultra. There were only 3 Kimbers at the show. Unfortunately for me, no ultra.

BTW, does anyone have any experience with the KImber CDP Ultra? It feels really nice in hand but I have not shot it. With the price tag at over 1K, I also have no friends with the gun! I am really happy with the P-64 generally but had to ask myself how effective the 9x18 round would be with a foe with full winter gear on. The .45 makes me feel a little fuzzier about that.
My primary carry piece is a Kimber CDPII ultra and it is a great weapon. The only issue I had with it was after the first 300 or so rounds, the guide rod spring became really weak. On the first round it would eject the first cartridge but not go all the way into battery on consecutive rounds. I replaced it with the Wolf improved XP recoil spring for I think around under 20 bucks total and I couldn't believe the difference. It took a lot of recoil out of it and improved reliability greatly. It's almost to nice for regular carry, lol!

Even when I take new shooters out they say how much fun it is to shoot. Overall it's a great gun and if you can find one for a decent price, it's the best of both worlds. Great trigger + minimal recoil in a concealable 1911 can't be beat. Let me see if I can't dig up a pic real quick.

ETA:

Last edited by thatguy91k on April 26th, 2008, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

Nice Kimber! Wolff makes some great springs, too, don't they?
donw

Post by donw »

The range I shot at today had a new "P-64" for a retail price of $250. I paid $180. for mine from a seller on GunBroker.

Don
michaelap

Post by michaelap »

If my budget hadn't recently shrank I would pay that cash and carry, Which gun shop had that Stonewall or Accurate Arms?
mamcdonald

Post by mamcdonald »

I went to a show today to look around. No P-64s, but I did see a $270 CZ-82 and a $460(!) P6/225
mrcrabby01

Post by mrcrabby01 »

FS: P-64 i forget what year..spring work done and goes bang everytime $650.00

i'll leave this mock add up till the prices are reasonable.
Bill