Dallas Gun Show

Info, pictures, advice...
butch50

Dallas Gun Show

Post by butch50 »

I went to the Dallas Gun Show yesterday with a friend of mine who is looking for another pistol.

I only saw one P64 for sale, it was listed at about $190.00. I saw several PA-63 for sale, maybe half a dozen. They were in the $175 to $190 range.

Last time I went there were more P-64s and fewer PA-63s.

I also noticed very few SKS rifles, and one dealer told me that the wholesale price on them had gone up $46, which would be probably about 50% increase to him.

Looks like the market is drying up on the low price surplus firearms.
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Dallas Gun Show

Post by dolang1 »

Market Hall is a busy gunshow. I got there at 10:30, had to wait in line, there was still a line when I left at 2:00. I thought I was going to have to buy a gun just so I could set down. I was mostly looking at AK stuff, and same as you said, AKs have gone up $30.00 since I was there in Sept. Later Don
gotmak

Dallas Gun Show

Post by gotmak »

Man, these days you can't give up on great deals on a seemingly dwindling market of Milsurp firearms. The deals just keep popping up, and it is like people at the doors of a department store who is selling a new video game or something. It happens when someone gets wind of some great deals, and shares the info to friends on a forum. Keep your eyes peeled, and your ears open for the next great deal to pass by. 8-)
butch50

Dallas Gun Show

Post by butch50 »

I haven't done this myself, but I have looked into it. If you really want to get the best deals at a gun show - rent a table and sell something. Just enough to get you in the door as a seller - sell some old ammo or something. You can rent a table for about $75 if I remember correctly.

Benefits:

You get in well ahead of the public and can go around and look and make deals. You have a place to sit and rest. You can be there when the event is over and make those last minute deals. If two or three people go in it togehter they can take turns wandering around and resting, and split the costs.
jakub66

Dallas Gun Show

Post by jakub66 »

Got there Saturday after work ( it's only few minutes drive from Love Field).
Priced some Arisaka bayos - they got very expensive lately ($125 & up).
Found some PA-63s, CZ-52s, CZ-82s. Prices did go up, or if stayed the same, quality went down.
I was tempted by Nazi rework of Polish mauser. Looked like K98, but had beautiful crowned eagle, and "F.B. RADOM 1939" on receiver. Did not have $700.
Same good ol' boy had 13 mm 1918 Mauser Panzerbushe.
Yes - German WW I anti-tank rifle. Imagine mauser scaled up to 8' with pistol grip and masive bipod.
I WANT IT!
Bought one AK mag and went home with tail between my legs.
P.S: I understand pink grip pocket pistol, ladies might like it, but PINK furniture on AR-15?!?