Info, pictures, advice...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

New member with a comment (querry)

Post by normsutton »

ursishoribilis

have you got the gun yet if not
chances are you won't need the springs from me or mag springs ether I never heard of a P-64 that needed mag springs as of yet
just don't shoot any thing over a 95 grn bullet

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
ursishoribilis

Post by ursishoribilis »

I replaced the main spring(18#), the recoil spring(22#), the firing pin spring and the trigger and slide lock springs (Norm's). I also cleaned it well, polished the feed ramp along with the trigger sides, and the trigger bar. I used Remington spray cleaner and greased it with reel butter. The DA pull went from "break your finger" to heavy but smooth and very manageable. Single action is sweet. feeds 95 grn. ammo (Winchester) cleanly and hides under a tee shirt. Wonderful little piece. Thanks for all the information and the friendly folks on this site.

Almost forgot, got a Fobus paddle holster made for the Sig 232. Perfect fit, smooth draw, like it very much as well.
Last edited by ursishoribilis on January 18th, 2008, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ursishoribilis

Post by ursishoribilis »

I did cut the hook off the magazine. Vastly improved the feel in the hand. I don't know whether it makes much difference in concealed carry or not. With the 22# spring, the recoil was no more than the Colt Official Police I shot with it. and accuracy was equal as well. This is really a great handgun!
thane49

Post by thane49 »

Any particular reason for not shooting anything heavier than a 95 gr bullet? I put 150 rounds of
100 gr Wolf ammo through mine and other than having quite a snap to it, it fed and fired just fine.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

thane49

welcome

the gun wasn't designed for anything over a 95 grn and if you brake something on it parts are going to get hard to find

unless you are a handloader

spend a little more and buy some good ammo not WOLF

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

thane49,

First, Welcome aboard, glad to have ya with us.

+1 with Norm on the 95gr, the 100gr and up are really best with the Makarov's and CZ's IMHO, but there are other's that will disagree with that statement, so be it. I like to shoot what the pistol was designed for.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER