What did you get for Christmas?

Info, pictures, advice...
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

Can we post neat gun related stuff we got for Christmas? My daughter got something that she knew I would like. It is, I think, a picture frame made out of steel with a glass front. They had several spent brass & aluminum casings hot glued to a strong magnet. I replaced the target paper they had for one I practiced on recently. Pretty cool idea. I need to buy a box of brass cased 9X18 to put on it now. 8-) It is used for notes. I like it.

bartoszsitarski

Post by bartoszsitarski »

I got a P-64 and a new rack for the toys

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
maddogrecurve

Post by maddogrecurve »

U guys did very well. Ingenious idea with the poster and shell casings! I love your toys, wish you lived closer, i would love to shoot with ya....
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Not exactly a Christmas present, but for our 6th wedding anniversary [ Dec 23 ] my bride got me a 1973 S&W nickel M10-5 with a 2" bbl, matching S/N SB stocks/grips w/pinned bbl, 98-99% condition......... ;D. The Gray box has the matching S/N with papers. She called her brother in FL and asked him to find something that he knew I would like and bring it up with him when he up for Christmas. Last year she got me a 1967 S&W model 28-2 4" bbl with matching S/N stocks that was in 97% condition.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
doyle

Post by doyle »

I didn't do as well as some of you guys. I got a pair of cheapie ear-bud hearing enhancer/protectors (look like hearing aids) and a gun-safe dehumidifier that you plug in to recharge.
roester

Post by roester »

I got a lump of coal >:(
ourbigbluehouse

Post by ourbigbluehouse »

Does the car I bought yesterday count? She did let me get it. It is made of metal. Looks nice and is potentially deadly.
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

Funny Guys! :D :D Papabear, WOW! I can see my face in the finish on your model 10 here in Indy. I love chrome! And that is a real eye catcher, I wish I could fondle it. :-/ Very nice Mrs. Bear.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Does the car I bought yesterday count? She did let me get it. It is made of metal. Looks nice and is potentially deadly.

Sure but I want to see you conceal carry it without it printing... ::)
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

Because of this:

I got this:

I don't know why I never had a decent pistol rest with all the handgun ammo I've shot through chronographs. I've had friends watch me test rounds through a chrony and just wince.

The only downside to this is that I saw a much better pistol rest with steel and a leather shot pouch for the same amount right after Christmas at the new Cabela's in Lacey, WA.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

I had a second pretty nice thing that must be Christmas related because it arrived on Christmas Eve.

This year I purchased a new USFA Rodeo in .45 Colt. Some of you saw pictures of the real high-end USFA I also purchased this year; this one cost 1/3 as much and is more for blasting a lot of ammo including black powder rounds.

But when I shot it the base pin (the cylinder rotates on the pin) would jump forward, locking up the cylinder. USFA pistols are guaranteed for life so I called the factory and they sent a FedEx call tag.

Ok, it's going back to the factory for free - should I ask them to do something besides just fix the problem? How about if they install new "Fire-Blued Appointments" - all the screws, ejector button, trigger, base pin .... well, here's the new rig. I've put 75 rounds through it and the pistol is fixed.

bartoszsitarski

Post by bartoszsitarski »

These are some nice pics! Looks like others did well... I really like the looks of the S&W. :)
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

Yeah, I am remiss in not commenting that Papabear's S&W is a Complete Work Of Gun Art. Has that ever been shot?!?

Whew!!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Thanks for the kind comments on the '73 S&W 10-5. To the best of my knowledge and the gentleman that originally bought it, it has never been shot. I am sure it was test fired, but other than that it appears to have never been fired, and it won't be by me either.

nbender,

Excellent new addition to your USFA collection, I like what they did with the Fire-Blued Appointments, very nice......... ;D
POINT SHOOTER
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

I had a second pretty nice thing that must be Christmas related because it arrived on Christmas Eve.

This year I purchased a new USFA Rodeo in .45 Colt. Some of you saw pictures of the real high-end USFA I also purchased this year; this one cost 1/3 as much and is more for blasting a lot of ammo including black powder rounds.

But when I shot it the base pin (the cylinder rotates on the pin) would jump forward, locking up the cylinder. USFA pistols are guaranteed for life so I called the factory and they sent a FedEx call tag.

Ok, it's going back to the factory for free - should I ask them to do something besides just fix the problem? How about if they install new "Fire-Blued Appointments" - all the screws, ejector button, trigger, base pin .... well, here's the new rig. I've put 75 rounds through it and the pistol is fixed.

NB

nice
you know the 45 long Colt is the first cal. I ever reloaded for

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage