What did you get for Christmas?

Info, pictures, advice...
bobtx

Post by bobtx »

This is my Christmas present to me, a Bulgarian Mak. My sis came through with some fine cigars, a new lighter, and a new leather cigar case. Life is good........

Bob

nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

Happiness is a new Bulgy ...

Norm, I don't know who can afford to buy .45 Colt ammunition, and so far I have about 350 cases de-primed and polished. And 1,200 bullets - 200 and 250-grain. It's my next loading. I have both Unique and Goex BP to try.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

bobtx,

Bob nice present, nice Bulgie, I love my Bulgie and E.German Mak's.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

:'( It's beautiful NB, I think I want to cry. Those appointments, what look to me like a Cobalt blue, are fantastic looking. I'm glad my wife is sleeping, she would be asking me "What are you looking at?" :-/ I had better be careful, I will be looking for a six gun and Western holster. I know where I could find a real nice holster, where do I find out about that gun? ;D I feel a crisis coming on. ::)
Happy New Year guys.
roester

Post by roester »

Personally I like the .357. I don't own one but I have shot a friends' a few times. Good combination of weight and power.

As far as the holster goes...it sounds like you have that taken care of. Actually, a very good holster can be harder to come by than a very good gun.

P.S. - if you already have the holster in mind - you will have to fit the gun to it. Leather has a long memory.

++++++++++++++++

Actually....thinking about this some more...my advice would be to get the best feeling 6 and then get a holster (even if that's a year later). The smartest thing (albeit expensive) would be to go to a custom leather shop and have it made fresh. The younger leather will adapt to the contours of the gun and if you buy a good gun and treat the leather right it will be something you can impress your grandchildren with. ;D...and they will pass along to their grandchildren.
Last edited by roester on December 30th, 2007, 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

Hey roester, if you are referring to me, that is exactly what I had in mind. I had a fella custom make me a holster for one of my guns, and he custom fits the holster to the gun. Very good work, but I'm sure pricey for a nice six gun holster. What would that be like to open carry a six gun like that? ::) ;D
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

I'm looking more toward getting a shoulder holster for that USFA. I always laugh when I see John Wayne with that 6-gun on his hip. He had no hips actually; if he took 12 steps that holster would be down around his ankles. I'm built a bit similar. For carryin in the woods, etc., I think only a shoulder holster is practical.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Those are some very nice new toys you fellows received,
sounds like every one had a very nice holiday. We bought ourselves a new dishwasher, barbecue and a new set of mag wheels and tires for the wifes Toyota Camry. I bought myself a case of 9x18 Silver Bear jacketed hollow points and renewed my member ship in the two gun clubs I belong to.
Santa was very good to us this year. :)
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on December 30th, 2007, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

Gunneyrabbit, I'd say you "cleaned up". Dishwasher... ::)sorry, it's a bit late for me. But you did very good Mister! NB, I would get a John Wayne holster just to go visit Walmart with it on my hip, or hang the rig in my oldest daughters "Tack room"\ bedroom right next to her Stetson and spurs. :D
jakub66

Post by jakub66 »

Princess got me 24 gun safe. This thing weighs a tone, but I dragged it in with help of a friend.
Only consession I had to make was to give her couple shelfs for her bling, and our documents.
I always locked my "man cave" when kids (all age) visit, but I'll feel safer now.
bobtx

Post by bobtx »

jakub66,

Does she know about the rule that when that one is full you get another one?!?

Bob
jakub66

Post by jakub66 »

This one was full before it got in the house.
Few "lesser" rifles will have to stay hidden in the closet.
I tried to talk her in to 60 gun one, but failed.
Mayby next year.
fritzhund

Post by fritzhund »

:)

My fiancee got me a very well built Cabela's rifle rack.

Blond like her ::)

I filled it halfway with my K-31 and Mosin M-44. The SKS's won't fit and the shotguns are another story. I love it for my surplus bolt actions, and she said I could even buy the 91/30 I have had my eye on..............what will be the fourth..........

I bought myself a PA-63 in .380 on Christmas Eve. OTD $150.00 tax and transfer included. I think I am going to like this gun. I will be posting with questions I am sure ;)

Fritzhund
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Fritzhund

check it again the Pa-63 didn't come in a 380 only in 9 x 18 it might be AP 9 they came in 380

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
fritzhund

Post by fritzhund »

Hi Norm,

I wonder if I have an odd one. ???

It is marked with both PA-63 and AP9. Cal. 9mm short
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas