Prvi Partizan 9x18?

Info, pictures, advice...
stibnite

Prvi Partizan 9x18?

Post by stibnite »

I'm looking to stock up on some brass case, FMJ ammo (required by range near me). Has anyone shot the Prvi Partizan from AIM yet? I know there has been talk about it, but I'm looking for comments on actual use.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/9X18_Makarov.html

I see that I can get the S&B FMJ from Cheaperthandirt for virtually the same price including shipping.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM400-18957-292.html

Anyone have a better online price than either of these sites?

stib
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Prvi Partizan 9x18?

Post by nbender »

stibnite: Remember, friends don't let friends shoot at Wades.

Prvi is great ammo. It's well respected in all calibers and loved by reloaders. I've only shot some 50 rounds of their 9x18, but no problems.

S&B is good stuff as well. Flies a bit slower than the Prvi. I've shot several hundred rounds of S&B and I've never had a problem with it either. That's a great price you posted. Best deal on S&B I've seen for a while.

I wouldn't know how to recommend one over the other; they are similar.

Save the brass!
stibnite

Prvi Partizan 9x18?

Post by stibnite »

OK, thanks for the info. I might try the Prvi so I'm familiar with a couple more options. Might have to wait until after Christmas, I've been bleeding money lately, sheesh :'(

stibnite: Remember, friends don't let friends shoot at Wades.
I wish that range wasn't so convenient. Well, I won't let friends buy ammo there anyways. I think that's part of their ploy... :o

Merry Christmas!!!
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Prvi Partizan 9x18?

Post by nbender »

This year I joined the Snoqualmie Range:

http://www.svrifle.com/

It's a great place to shoot! I usually have it to myself or with one or two others. I can set up the chrony at leisure there, and as you shoot out of booths undercover you can even recover the brass from a Makarov. I highly recommend the place. Next to Snoqualmie Falls.
redfestiva

Prvi Partizan 9x18?

Post by redfestiva »

I see that AIM Surplus has the Prvi Partizan 9x18 for $10.95. I'm afraid AIM has me spoiled. I live within driving distance to AIM and I've been getting Silver Bear from them for $6.95 -$7.50 box for the longest time. I can still get it for $10/box around the corner . I know Silver Bear is not brass cased but I don't reload so it's not an issue to me. I hope they get Silver Bear back in stock before my stock pile depleats. It goes to show that if and when you see a great price on ammo you might as well stock up if you can because it won't last too long.