Just got a p64

Info, pictures, advice...
maddogrecurve

Just got a p64

Post by maddogrecurve »

I was not imipressed with the double action trigger pull but once i put a dummy round in it and dry fired it a few times, it got smoother.
I have'nt shot it yet and was thinking of selling it before i got it. It was an accident, i bid on it on Auction Arms.com and did'nt think i would win so i bought me a CZ83 in 9mm Mak and an FEG chambered in the same. So i have three 9mm Mak pistols but after handling this P64 i may keep it for a pocket pistol!

Thanks for a great and informative site guys!!!!

Jeff McCray
Maddog McCray's Custom Knives
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Just got a p64

Post by rlj102468 »

Jeff, Welcome to the club! I only carry my P-64 or my S&W 36. Front pocket with the Desanti holster. Great gun, and the stiff DA pull is a nice safety so I don't shoot my n%ts off.

Bobby J.
drogers

Just got a p64

Post by drogers »

Jeff, Welcome, and congratulations on the start of a very nice collection.
Don
butch50

Just got a p64

Post by butch50 »

I love my P64 - as a pocket carry pistol - but having large hands I do not enjoy shooting it much at all. It scratches the web between my thumb and index finger and has a bit of a sting to the recoil - I much rather shoot my 45 acp or 9mm at the range.

BUT: for SD carry it can't be beat. In a SD situation I will not care or notice about the recoil or the scratching - and it fits in my pocket just right. They are also going up in value, so I recommend you keep yours for a year or two and if you still don't like it, sell it then and make a profit.
Last edited by butch50 on December 20th, 2007, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maddogrecurve

Just got a p64

Post by maddogrecurve »

Im kinda thinking that butch , keeping it for a while, i need to shoot it, who knows,, i might keep it.

Jeff