How many have a CHL?

Info, pictures, advice...
butch50

How many have a CHL?

Post by butch50 »

Just curious as to how many here have a concealed handgun license? How long have you had it? What was it that made you decide to get one? Have you ever needed it?

I got mine about two years ago. I decided that I am too old to fight worth a hoot or to run very fast, so if I ever got into trouble I wanted to have an option for self defense. Have not needed it yet, but it sure feels good to have with it with me.
oddshot

How many have a CHL?

Post by oddshot »

I got mine about 2 years ago...at the same time I changed my drivers license...

from New Jerky to Georgia.

Although they call New Jerky a "will issue" state...that's a lie. The laws are in place but it has to be issued by a judge...an NO judge in NJ will issue ANYBODY to carry concealed...except leos and off duty leos. I know retired FBI agents...who have an investagation business in NJ...that cannot carry concealed there.

Having said that...as a Commercial Real Estate Appraiser...whenever I had to work in Camden or Newark...I carried my S&W Mod 19.

The license is limited in Georgia...but its better than nothing.

Its my understanding that the laws are about to get changed...for the better... in Ga.

I carry, yes I do!

oddshot
gmountain

How many have a CHL?

Post by gmountain »

I think I got mine about 17 years ago.
redfestiva

How many have a CHL?

Post by redfestiva »

My wife and I got our license one year ago. We have'nt needed it yet and hopefully never will. It is nice to know that we are'nt sitting ducks for random violence. It fits well with us as we are regular shooters at the range and it makes transfering the firearms in a motor vehicle less complicated as well.
gotmak

How many have a CHL?

Post by gotmak »

My wife and I both have a CCL. Only had to unholster it once.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

How many have a CHL?

Post by trent »

Ive had mine since the middle of may, I applied on my 21st birthday and got it a month and a half later (pretty quick for a Ga permit)
tripper

How many have a CHL?

Post by tripper »

I had my first one in 1978. Didn't have one when I lived in Colorado, California and Michigan. I've had one since I moved back to Indy in 1993. I got one because I could.

Back when I had my first one, I had to open my jacket to show I was packing when two bad guys were meaning to harm my wife and me. They took off like a couple of chickens!
doyle

How many have a CHL?

Post by doyle »

I got my Florida CCW about 6 months ago. I don't carry very often. I got it mainly to make traffic stops less complicated (I always have a pistol in the car) and so that I could avoid the waiting period if I find a sweet deal at an out-of-town gun store.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

How many have a CHL?

Post by carguy »

Got mine at age 18. My uncle was chief of police and my mom signed off so I guess I was lucky-or connected- that I got it so young. Worked as a security guard while in collge (guarded mostly buildings, trucks and gravel) worked lots of concerts but was mostly in the parking lot, was plain clothes once for a weekend as a bodyguard for Wayne Newton...like he needed a bodyguard :D.

Luckily I only drew my weapon once. I was hanging out with my friend (who also owned the Private Detective Agency and Security Company I worked for) we were just cruising between sites checking in on the guards around 10 at night when we heard part of a call on a police scanner that "Mrs. Miller had some uninvited visitors". My firend thought that it was my local PD and as my last name is Miller...we sped to my house. Once we got there we surrounded it, guns drawn, him at the front door and me at the back. Wrong Mrs. Miller, scared the crap out of my mother but she was happy we were worried about her.

Had one ever since in Connecticut, New York State and back home again in the People Republic of Massachusetts ;D
Last edited by carguy on December 10th, 2007, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
donnerwetter58

How many have a CHL?

Post by donnerwetter58 »

I've had mine about 2 and a half years.
I think it was 2004 when Ohio residents were given this privilege.
The P-64 is my favorite for pocket or IWB carry. The option is a J frame S&W but the P-64 is much flatter. You easily forget it is there.
Now I need to work on getting into the habit of carrying all the time.
fritzhund

How many have a CHL?

Post by fritzhund »

In PA it is called a Permit To Carry Firearms. Reason is self defense. You can apply for various reasons, such as a collector. Mine is for self defense.

I carry my P-64 and a Beretta 950BS Jetfire .25

Yeah, I know it's a mouse gun, but I have never has any type of misfire of jamming problem with it. Hey, it's a .25, but with a full clip of hollowpoints at close range I would rather have it than not.

I carry the P-64 more so in the Winter as it is easier to concel. I have to dress business casual. Any suggestions on a VERY CONCELABLE holster for this type of dress? Shirt and tie guy 8-)

I just love that little Beretta. I am going to purchase a Kel-Tec P3AT in the near future for pocket carry. My fiancee has had her eyes on the Beretta so I think it may be her new pocket pal soon :P

fritz
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

How many have a CHL?

Post by blinddog »

Clip draw, I think you can find the address to the site at sales and stuff. Excellent, I have one and use it and I really like it. It has a lot of advantages a holster doesn't. Not bulkey and easy to change out if you want to.
ozarker

How many have a CHL?

Post by ozarker »

In Missouri the CCW is good for 3yrs. Just renewed mine this last April. My main carry is the P64. I bought for my wife a KelTec P32 for use at home or have in the car. In Mo. you can have one in the car without a CCW. So according how I'm dressed there is times I carry the P32.

How I arrived with the P64?.. Heard about a Mak. was looking for one of those and bought the P64 by mistake. Once I figured out what I had .. then went looking for info about the weapon. There wasn't any info. Shortly afterward Dick opened this forum. :-)
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

How many have a CHL?

Post by beasleydano »

In Mississippi it is a Firearms Permit, for concealed carry, issued by the MS Dept. of Public Safety. I have had one for 12 years, prior to that I was a LEO, prior to that I had a carry permit issued by the Sheriff of DeSoto County. I live close to Memphis, TN and work there. I have only had to unholster my pistol once, in Memphis, no shot fired, when a man asking for spare change pulled a knife on me. He changed his attitude quickly, police arrested him and I was quickly about my business
fritzhund

How many have a CHL?

Post by fritzhund »

:(

OK. I slipped and let my fiancee read my last post. Whoops!

FFL transfer to occur in the morning! Beretta to fiancee.

On the bright side, I think Santa Claus might drop off a Kel-Tec P3AT, with ammo, (I think this because I found some .380 ammo in the closet and I don't own a .380)

Honey, if you read this I want the Parkerized Black :)
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas