who are you?

Info, pictures, advice...
michaelap

who are you?

Post by michaelap »

Since I started this question, By the way I forgot I am 33yrs trying to figure out what I want to be when/if I grow up.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

who are you?

Post by nbender »

I'm a geologist, but that doesn't really describe what I do anymore. I did mineral exploration (mostly gold) for years but settled down when the girls hit 1st grade and I now work on a real wide assortment of projects in an engineering office near Seattle. Looking for gold was the most fun I've had but I didn't want to continue working so far from the family.

I spent 1968 - 1970 attached to the 4th Infantry Division near Pleiku (Steadfast and Loyal), but that doesn't describe who I am.

I have two lovely daughters in college, so I'm not retiring tomorrow.

And I've been 39 years old for some time now.
volfandan

who are you?

Post by volfandan »

wow bender.....

How many years HAVE you been 39 for?
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

who are you?

Post by grayfox »

I'm 63 and retired from Kraft Foods as a dept. supervisor at a St. Louis, Mo. area plant. Now live back in my home town in Kenucky, am a Viet Nam vet '67-'68, married to my high school sweetheart [6yrs this month] have two sons and a daughter, 7 grandchildren, two cats, 1 dog, 6 parrots, and a s**t load of guns.

papabear
Papabear,
I still think your fibbing about your wifes age...I think your a cradle robber like me. You two look great together. :)
primarchbentley

who are you?

Post by primarchbentley »

I'm 29, currently working as a system admin for the Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute at the University of Utah (it sounds cooler than it really is, but it's still a unique, constantly changing, challenging job).

Debating with myself over staying with computers, or really taking the dive and getting into teaching...

I enjoy collecting mil surplus, and in the past year have taken to pistols a lot more than I thought I would... 8-)
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

who are you?

Post by blinddog »

I am 46 and I have been for a while. My wife says I lie. My kids say I lie. I wouldn't lie. I am a retired Master Electrician. Owned my own buisness for a while in Mississippi got some sense and moved to Oregon. I have one son that is lifer Navy, goes up for Chief in Jan. the other one is a computer guru for Fed Ex. and ex-Air Force. I have a lovely wife that puts up with me and all of my crap so I'm one lucky guy. I'm a Viet Nam vet 69-70 NavSecGruDiv. I love to shoot, salmon and steelhead fish and play poker.(nickle dime quarter).
gypsydavy

who are you?

Post by gypsydavy »

I'm a 44yr old (so she tells me) self-employed musician. Native to western New York State and now living in Nashville TN when I'm not on the road. No kids, just a couple of good dogs.

Sold my guns when I was young and heading out into the world. Re-arming now for personal, home and homeland defense. My personal gun is my "64", my home gun is a Mossberg "youth" model, 20Ga. Still shopping for my homeland rifle. David.
ourbigbluehouse

who are you?

Post by ourbigbluehouse »

Work with juvenile delinquents and have seen too many of my former youth on the streets. Hence the CCW and the P64.
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

who are you?

Post by space »

I'm closing in on 50. Used to be a Cosmic Ray Research Physicist. More money to be had doing Software so have been doing that for the last 20 years. Did the "dot-com" thing a few years back and crash and burned with a couple small companies. I'm currently a Software Archetect at a large manufacturing company.

3 Kids, last one graduates college this spring (Whoo Hoooo, the $$$ bleeding can stop).

Also have a 3 dogs (Corgis) that my Wife and I show in the Breed ring as well as Agility and Obedience. Just another way to spend money I guess.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

who are you?

Post by nbender »

Space - Cosmic Rays? ... is Voyager 2 closing in on the Termination Shock?
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

who are you?

Post by space »

Space - Cosmic Rays? ... is Voyager 2 closing in on the Termination Shock?
In the 80's I worked for Dr W.R.Webber who had an insturment on the Voyager 1 probe. Just did a google search and he is still putting out papers on it. Probe was launched before I got there. We did a lot of high altitude balloon experiments and work at the Bevatron at Lawrence Berkeley Labs. http://www.acme.com/jef/photos/bevatron.html

http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/science/bib ... y_crs.html

Webber, W. R., "An Empirical Estimate of the Heliospheric Termination Shock Location with Time - with Application to the Intensity Increases of MeV Protons seen at Voyager 1 in 2002-2005", Journal of Geophysical Research, 2005, in press.

Sorry for the thread jack... :-X
Last edited by space on December 6th, 2007, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

who are you?

Post by nbender »

I am guilty as charged, and apologize for sidetracking the theme here. The Voyager probes are totally fascinating to me. Space, meet me on the "Other Firearms" section.

Over and Out.
reprisejim

who are you?

Post by reprisejim »

Who am I? Your guess is as good as mine... :-X

I am 35 years old and have 3 boys (6, 3, and 1 month). They all have guns... lucky kids. They are my pride and joy. I am a business owner (architecture) and work too much (or so I am told). My free time (the little there is) is spent at the range and going to gun shows. My other hobbies include hunting (everything), fishing, canoeing/camping in the BWCA, and gardening. I live in Minnesota and love the weather.

After reviewing what I wrote, I would say that I am:
A middle-aged man with 3 children that does not get enough sleep, that has a fascination with guns, likes to be outdoors, and am by most peoples standards a little nuts.

I am just the kind of person that should have an arsenal of guns and a permit to carry!!!

Honestly, I am very sane and I take gun ownership and gun safety extremely seriously.
barnett3006

who are you?

Post by barnett3006 »

I am a 25 year old college student pursuing a criminal justice degree. I am the oldest of six children (Myself and 2 sisters from my Mom and 2 more sisters and a brother from my Dad's second marriage) and we all enjoy shooting. No wife (yet) and no kids. I love every aspect of the shooting sports and hunting (I also enjoy fishing).

I CCW everyday and everywhere.

I am currently in the process of stocking up on certain types of (evil) guns, magazines, ammo and reloading supplies in preparation for a major SHTF situation and so that my future kids can have any kind of gun they want.

When I am not doing something related to firearms I like to work on cars and build/modify things, and if I can see something that can be improved I...I just can't leave well enough alone. I enjoy reading about history and science.
lcberlin

who are you?

Post by lcberlin »

I are the old FART* down the road.

Transplanted Californian now living in the heartland and wishing I had a real mountain around here. I mainly have rimfire pistols, the P-64 is the first centerfire pistol I have ever owned. Got Sweetie, two kids, two dogs, two birds, and 2 acres. Spent 12 years in the Navy. Somedays I really believe my Oklahoma dirt shirt saying...."Older Than Dirt"

*Fathers Against Radical Teens