The Religion of Handguns

Info, pictures, advice...
b52stan

The Religion of Handguns

Post by b52stan »

You're right on, rat. I have had the same complaint about my Glock 27. My 30 is even worse. Was gonna trade the 30 for a single stack 36, but it's still harder to conceal than our little CZAK, and not as comfy to carry. For us non LE types, the high cap double stack stuff is tempting, but not worth it, and not necessary, IMHO.
mikethewreck

The Religion of Handguns

Post by mikethewreck »

I don't know that you can quantify it.

For instance, when I go out at night, my 27 with tritium sights goes with me. (Easier to conceal.)

During the day, I often carry the P-64. I do like the slim profile.

It's all about what you like. And everybody is different.
Last edited by mikethewreck on January 12th, 2006, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daysleeper

The Religion of Handguns

Post by daysleeper »

What about volume divided by the effectiveness formula posted above? Anyone here good enough with math to do the numbers on the P-64 and say Bulgarian Mak and a 45 1911 to see how the numbers would shake out?
That formula works for me, but where do we get the data? I don't feel like dunking my 64 into a tub of water to find its volume, and if its not listed on this site its a pretty good bet its not available anywhere. You can come up with a "box" volume, the smallest box that can hold the weapon, 29 cubic inches for the 64. That would be OK I think, but who has the chart of effectiveness for the various rounds to compare the weapons?
butch50

The Religion of Handguns

Post by butch50 »

Ease of carry might be a volume to weight ratio?