THERE IS NO $159.00 DELIVERED

Info, pictures, advice...
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

Sorry. I'm just tired of seeing that topic up there giving browsers
the wrong idea about what a P-64 is worth nowadays. There are junkers maybe occasionally for that price, but the P-64 is basically a $200.00+ gun, delivered today, and well deserves to be!

What get's me is that the same guys who cry and carry on about a $20 ro $30 price increase in a fine handgun that will easily last a lifetime, will go out plinking with an old AK or a variety of other guns and splurge off hundreds of rounds of ammo costing many times as much in one afternoon, drinking forty bucks on a beer tab and dropping twenty or thirty more on arcade games while eating a meal that costs 5 times what it would if they fixed it at home!!
Give me a break on this whining about the price of P_64s! $250.00 is not too much for a P64 in excellent condition! And another thing, excellent condition on a P-64 doesn't mean UNISSUED. The pistol really needs to be detailed; cleaned, deburred, and properly lubricated, then reassembled and test-fired to assure proper functioning before selling to the general public. Most of them are not in excellent condition as they came from the factory. There are a couple or four hours that need to be spent on the pistol to get it into excellent condition.

Rant over. ;D Bring it on. ;)
michaelap

Post by michaelap »

I bought mine for 195.00 and I was starting to think I overpaid, from a newer owner thanks for the heads up.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

no you didntover pay was at my local guy today he had been selling them for 199.00 for couple of past monthes... today they are up 225.00 he said they are being discovered for the fine weapon they are plus they are not as plentiful as they were..
I am glad I got my three when I did... as matter of fact was going to get one of em for 199.otd today. but have to let the extra 25. set in .. it is worth more then that in my humble thoughts,, think if it was a new or used beretta, smith, ruger what the price would be
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

+1 with bzinggg and anjdrifter.

The P-64 is going for $199 to $225 in my area too, however, that's only $60 to $86 above what they were nearly 2 years ago. I'm sure if you look hard enough you can still find one for $150 some where, but you better hurry. I am sure the CZ82 will go up in price before long, the first time I noticed them they were going for $199 and they have already jumped to $210, but I am sure that in time they will increase too, at the last show in Evansville, In; a dealer there was asking $275 for a CZ82 and it looked like it had been around the barn more than twice. The price of everything is going up and guns are no exception.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

I went to a large gun show in SW Ohio on Nov.17 and for the first time I saw no P-64's for sale. A couple months ago at the same show my friend bought a very nice 1974 triangle hammer P-64 for $165. I did however see several PA-63 pistols and they averaged about $225. OUCH!
Last edited by redfestiva on November 21st, 2007, 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
lcberlin

Post by lcberlin »

Hi, y'all, new guy here. I just bought two P-64s with a spare magazine for $160 each, out the door. Store had them marked at $189.95 with an extra mag, and I offered $320 otd for two, and they said yes. I cleaned them out and fired off 12 rounds in each. I like them. Will like them more when the Wolff springs get here, which should be soon cuz I ordered them right after I shot ;).

Thanks for the great site on this pistol. I would not have made the purchase without having read this site, and a couple others.
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

Great purchase lcberlin,
Welcome aboard and post often. Which springs did you order?
gypsydavy

Post by gypsydavy »

I spent months looking at pistols, finding the P-64 made me feel like I was in on a secret! I couldn't believe how much more I liked it over ANYTHING in the under $300 range. When I finally purchased it for $200 I felt I was stealing it! It's getting harder and harder these days to lay down your cash and walk away happy with what you got. Buying this little gun has been more satisfying than any purchase that I've made in a long time. When I finally get around to buying a second P-64 I won't flinch at spending whatever the going rate is. It's the gun I want!

Now ssshh! Lets keep this secret to ourselves! David.
lcberlin

Post by lcberlin »

I got a 20lb and 22lb recoil spring and the hammer spring pak with the 18, 19, and 20 lb springs. Put the order in online Monday, so hopefully it will arrive next week early.
oddshot

Post by oddshot »

I just got the word the the "GUN IS IN THE MAIL"

I figure its about a week out...

You guys got me so excited... :'( :-/ :(

OF COURSE THERE AIN'T NO $159 GUN...

You gotta buy a book about it, a holster (one for "casual", one for "formal"), a couple extra mags, a set of them HOT-HOT-HOT grips, a dedicated cleaning kit, a buch of different ammo to figure out what works best...

Tools??? Did I mention SPECIAL TOOLS???

...of course...a lot of that EXPENCE load would be "better distributed"...if I bought ANOTHER ONE!!! ;D

By the time I get all this together...I'll be out over a GRAND.

Oddshot

BTW...anybody figger out where my screen name comes from???

Hint...its part of the lyrics of a song!
Last edited by oddshot on November 21st, 2007, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

I was fortunate to get a like new P-64 that came with a 50 rd box of S&B 9X18 ammo and a Hogue slip on grip for $125 + Tax at the Indy 1500 early this year. It had just been taken in as a trade because the thumb shelf interfered with a left hand shooter. I then, of course, looked on line to see what they were going for. At that time I saw $200 - $235 for some. I felt like I came away with a steal of a deal.
(Special thanks to Norm for Technical advice on pics 8-))
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

gotmak,
You did good on the P-64. It's a real looker. Under $170 is getting pretty rare.

oddshot,
I give , what song is your screen name from?
gotmak

Post by gotmak »

I uploaded other pics, this is what I got for that price. One matching mag and a spare:
oddshot

Post by oddshot »

Its from a VERY old Tom Paxton song...

I learned this one back when my hair was a WHOLE lot longer...and my morals a WHOLE lot looser... ::)

like I said...its in the first verse...

http://sniff.numachi.com/pages/tiPOTLUCK.html

I've been collecting songs that mention firearms for a long time now..I got 3 CD's full of them and more waiting to burn.

I call it "Songs of the Gun Vols. I, II, and 3" :)

but the "odd" in oddshot kinda fits. ;D

oddshot
Last edited by oddshot on November 24th, 2007, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oddshot

Post by oddshot »

[quote author=redfestiva board=general thread=1194219293 post=1195774973]gotmak,
You did good on the P-64. It's a real looker. Under $170 is getting pretty rare.

+1 gotmak!!!

good lookin' & good cookin' ;D

Shhhhhhh!

...Don't tell nobody....mine was $185, shipped.

But I ain't seen it yet...it might be BUTT ugly!

CPO T