P64 Turkey Blastin' Competition *Results Posted*

Info, pictures, advice...
barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

This thread is for members of this forum to post the pictures of the targets that they wish to enter in the P64 Turkey Blastin' Shooting Match.

Rules of the match are as follows:

Qualifying pistols are the Polish P-64 and "honorary" P-64's only. Honorary P-64 means: PPK clones chambered in cal. 9x18mm Makarov (PA-63's and BR-61's). No CZ-82's, Makarov's, etc.

Shoot 3 strings of 5 shots at a distance of 10 yards to the target. Each string should be on its own target.

In the spirit of the holiday we will be using a turkey target located at the bottom of this post. However, in the event that the turkey target does not print correctly you may use the standard target with no effect on score or outcome.

The official target http://makarov.com/graphics/targets/GridTarget.pdf

Use the ammunition of your choice.

Score will be determined by points in rings. Breaking the ring counts for the higher score.

This is a free hand shoot ONLY; no resting on a bench, sand bags, machine rest, etc.

Enter the match by posting a picture of the best out of your 3 targets. Pictures should be in message board format (640x480 size).

Please post only the picture of your target in this thread; we all enjoy giving and receiving comments and compliments about each others shooting prowess. However, in order to maintain simplicity for our judges and for each other, please post your additional comments in another thread.

In the event of a tie you will be asked to submit your second best target.

All entries should be posted by midnight (24:00) December 1, 2007; this is the Saturday after the week of Thanksgiving. The late entry date is to ensure that everyone who wishes to participate has plenty of time to get to the range during the busy holidays.

Participants can donate $2.00 to this site by using PayPal. The donation is not mandatory and will not effect your score or the outcome of the match. Donations can be made by going here http://p64.home.insightbb.com/main.htm and clicking on the PayPal icon on the bottom left corner of the page.

The most important rule of all is to have fun, shoot safely and enjoy the friendly competition on the best forum on the Internet!

In Internet Explorer, right click on the picture of the target and click print picture. Remember you will need at least 3 targets.
(target is an adapted Hoppes Life Size Turkey Shotgun Patterning Target)
Last edited by barnett3006 on December 3rd, 2007, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

THE SCORES ARE IN!! Sorry about the late posting of the results.

All scores were determined by points in rings, if any entries had tied scores place was determined by group size (I had no ties this time) . The turkey target was more difficult to score and measuring group sizes was much harder, group sizes were measured by transposing the bullet hole position onto a paper turkey target. I apologize in advance if any of my group size measurements do not correspond with your own measurement. Just for fun I counted kill shots; shots were counted as "kill shots" by at least 75% of the bullet hole being inside the turkey area (kill shots have no bearing on the score, they are just for fun).

Place Shooter Score Group Size Kill Shots

... Boreclear 49/50 2" 4

1 Primarcbentley 47/50 2 5/8" 4
2 Redfestiva 46/50 1 7/8" 2
3 Papabear 45/50 3" 4
4 Weetabix 44/50 3" 4
5 Barnett3006 43/50 3 5/8" 4
6 Manicmechanic 42/50 2 1/2" 3
7 Blinddog 41/50 4 5/8" 1
8 NormSutton 39/50 3 1/8" 1

Primarcbentley wins by default. Congradulations Primarcbentley on winning the Turkey Blastin' Shooting Competition!!

Boreclear graciously declined the winning title because he won the Independence Day Shoot, thank you for your generosity, Boreclear.

Congratulations everyone for bagging themselves a turkey.
Last edited by barnett3006 on December 3rd, 2007, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

didn't as well as before but here's mine

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by rlj102468 »

Hey Norm, At least that darn ole turkey wont be eating much after you shot his beak off! I scared to try to show my stuff, it's much easier talking turkey than shooting it! LOL

Bobby J.
boreclear

Post by boreclear »

I bagged one for the freezer.
If my target rates the best I will not accept the title of winner because of winning the independence day shoot. Give it to the next best entry.

redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

I had fun shooting this competition. I even got to do it on a new range.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Shot this on Thanksgiving morning, but just now getting around to posting, been laid up with a really bad cold.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

Great shootin all you targetmiesters.. because of a lot of things going on and some traveling,and pc problems, I forgot(sorry to admit that) and really missed the fun tome and the targets.. I am there now in way looking at the results....Thanks for making me smile
primarchbentley

Post by primarchbentley »

Alrighty, here we go (S+B 95 gr FMJ, 11/23/07, 10yds). Shame that I threw the first shot like that.
(closeup of the grouping on bottom available here: http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t163 ... loseup.jpg It looks like the shot that carried away the paper of the center, is to the 11-o'clock of the bottom-most of the three lower. Must use different paper next time... Higher resolution pics of this closeup pic available upon request. :7 )
weetabix

Post by weetabix »

Here's mine.

First time putting up a photo - hope it looks OK.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Shot this on the 16th, was hoping to get a chance to get out again but that didn't happen.

blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

Here's mine. I couldn't keep the target from moving again. :(

barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

Marc