P-64 Pricing

Info, pictures, advice...
dirtyharry

P-64 Pricing

Post by dirtyharry »

I dropped by a dealer in the burbs today and they were selling a P-64 for $275.

I can't help but wonder if this was a quirk or the real direction we are going.

Cheers.
brigade

P-64 Pricing

Post by brigade »

Geez that is way over dealer cost. Hate to see what he charges for a Sig or Springfield?
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 Pricing

Post by anjdrifter »

I am seeing them in De and also on Va. eastern shore for around
199.00 to 225.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

P-64 Pricing

Post by carguy »

I knew we would have to stop all this rah rah stuff about the P64.

Now we'll never be able to afford another... :'(

Nice problem to have...our favorite stuff appreciates on value. 8-)
torpeau

P-64 Pricing

Post by torpeau »

Maybe I don't understand the economics of the gun business, but when you can buy P-64s in great shape online for $150-$165, are we getting at "wholesale" prices? Sure I pay something for freight and to the the FFL holder, but it's hard for me to imagine paying $275.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 Pricing

Post by anjdrifter »

Maybe I don't understand the economics of the gun business, but when you can buy P-64s in great shape online for $150-$165, are we getting at "wholesale" prices? Sure I pay something for freight and to the the FFL holder, but it's hard for me to imagine paying $275.
whether wholesale or not depends where and how you shop and where you buy. a lot of places like to think they are wholesale on the net and their fliers. It is like anywhere else buyer beware, wait and hunt for the bargain and etc. Any that is part of fun of collecting it is the quest that is part of it. some dealers want to make the shop rent on every deal. others are reasonable.
Last edited by anjdrifter on October 12th, 2007, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

P-64 Pricing

Post by carguy »

I always thought that most of the "on-line" prices (auction) were worse than retail! AN FFL can pick up a weapon cheap...look at some of the wholesale distributor prices like AIM, SOG etc and the mark up is often 25-50%.

If you refer to distributor prices (shown on websites) as the on-line prices then yes we are usually getting wholesale cost. Some dealers don't like to or just won't facilitate the transfer as it is cutting them out of the sales process. They would rather you gave them your wish list anad let them "find" it and make a profit on you instead.

I think :'(
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-64 Pricing

Post by papabear »

I bought my 5 P-64's of which I only have two now in the $129 to $179 range in the last two years, now here in Ky, Tn, AL and FL at the shows they are asking from $199 to $250 but normally in the $225 range as of last month.

I have to agree with anjdrifter, it all depends where you find them, and being patient and looking around can save you some bucks. I saw on here somewhere that some site was selling them for $149, that is very good price. I only have two now, one for show and one for go, and I don't leave home without it.

papabear.
POINT SHOOTER
rcbuck

P-64 Pricing

Post by rcbuck »

Went to show in Manchester NH today and only found one P-64...price $285, and appearing well used.
dirtyharry

P-64 Pricing

Post by dirtyharry »

papabear,

I agree. But I think patience might get you in trouble here. I can't find anyone selling P-64s that aren't dealing in "re-circulated" P-64s (if that makes sense). AIM, SOG, etc aren't selling them anymore. I think the P-64s straight from the crate are gone. And, in my mind, they went pretty quickly.

I wonder if this isn't now a hard to find weapon. I would be very curious to see how many were made in comparison to Toks, PAs, or any of the CZs.

I've got a feeling the price will just rise from here. I wish I had bought a couple more.

Cheers,
dirtyharry
dfwp64

P-64 Pricing

Post by dfwp64 »

I'm new to this forum and purchased my first P-64 (1975) last month at a local gun show for $165 in excellent unissued condition. I swung by another show just yesterday and found only two on sale..both were in used condition...both were of the 1971 variety...and both were listed at $250 each. Word may be getting out. I replaced the hammer and recoil springs with the 17 lb and 22 lb (respectively) Wolff springs and am exceptionally impressed with the improvements.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 Pricing

Post by grayfox »

At Knob Creek friday, I did not see any P-64s for sale, same on 9x18 ammo. I guess its back to Aim Surplus.....
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

P-64 Pricing

Post by dfunk »

I think the P-64s straight from the crate are gone. And, in my mind, they went pretty quickly.
I was thinking the same thing; although, I have no idea how many there were.

The P64 is destined to appreciate in value - we've seen a decent amount of it over the past couple years. The 24th of this month will mark 2 solid years for us here, and when I think back to the beginning, it seemed like the supply would never run out. Even if you don't intend on shooting it, it would be a wise investment to pick one up now.
:-[
Last edited by dfunk on October 16th, 2007, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-64 Pricing

Post by papabear »

+1 with dickfunk, I couldn't agree more.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
brigade

P-64 Pricing

Post by brigade »

They haven't run out yet... I can get up to 10 unissued today if folks are interested. They come unissued like always with 2 mags. The price would be 170 to your dealer. It would have to be at least 5 order though for that price in order for me to cover shipping to me then pay shipping to your dealer and me not loose money.
Last edited by brigade on October 16th, 2007, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.