Veteran member

P64 shooting matches

Post by trent »

hahahaha!
spyguy

P64 shooting matches

Post by spyguy »

Hey, I logged in "just in time"....lol

I was hoping another shootin match was in the works.

So, are we agreeing on the first target posted? My only thought is that the last shoot-out was pretty competative, this target configuration lacks a true center point to judge from.

I'm game either way.....just want to know which one to print out and shoot up.

Spyguy
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

P64 shooting matches

Post by carguy »

I hate putting this in writing ::) but I believe Trent is right :'(

Just for the sake of the judges, whoever they may be for this shoot, we probably do need something with a little more defined target areas.

Maybe we use the traditional Markarov.com target so we keep the actual target grid and do our own spiffing up to make the rest of it special for Turkey Day?!?! Maybe there is a side competition for the most creative target decorator as well! :'(
Consistency is key especially as we continue to get such hi profile press as the Gunbroker blurb recently...you never know what person or government agency is checking in on us... :'(

Just a thought, as always Iwill go with the majority. 8-)
Last edited by carguy on October 12th, 2007, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

P64 shooting matches

Post by normsutton »

I FOUND THIS ONE

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

P64 shooting matches

Post by manicmechanic »

Norm, I'm surprized you haven't found any PINK FLAMINGO TARGETS !!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

P64 shooting matches

Post by normsutton »

my sister would kill me if I ever put up a pink flamingo target
she loves those things
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P64 shooting matches

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I'm in favor of the other turkey, the one with the rag on it's head and the long beard. I'm pretty sure if I got it in my sights the world would be a much happier place. I'm also sure that the folks here at home would declare a National Holiday.
OK, I'm just kidding around, well, kind of kidding around.
Anyhow, I'm looking foreword to the first shoot that I can participate in while not being on that god awful prednisone medication I was taking. What type of pistole's did we decide on? Is it limited to the P-64 or is it any 9x18?
G.R.
weetabix

P64 shooting matches

Post by weetabix »

I've never participated in one of these before, so I'm looking forward to it.

I'd prefer to stick to P-64's, but whatever everyone decides is fine.
barnett3006

P64 shooting matches

Post by barnett3006 »

Gunney,

glade you will be able to shoot with us this time!

weetabix and gunney,

The rule thus far about the pistols to use in the matches has been P-64's or a PPK/Makarov clones chambered in 9x18mm (i.e. BR-61's, PA-63's, etc), no CZ-82/83's or other non-PPK clones.

Everyone,

I am going to get the match thread going pretty soon, probably tonight, that way we have plenty of time to get to the range this time. I am also going to make the entry due date the week after the Thanksgiving holiday to allow as many people as possible to participate during the overly busy holiday.

And as always, if the consensus feels that there needs to be a rule change/addition/subtraction let me know ASAP. Although it is not a rule, I may remove the part about donating $2 to the site, not that I want to hurt the site I just don't want to use paypal anymore because of their freedom hating policies.
weetabix

P64 shooting matches

Post by weetabix »

Will the thread have all the rules? I've never done this before, so I'd hate to inadvertently violate a rule.

Also, I'd be happy to pay the $2 through PayPal, if only for the joy of supporting a gun site through them. Kind of a way to tweak their noses. ;D
barnett3006

P64 shooting matches

Post by barnett3006 »

Yes, the first post in the thread is were I post the rules and such, I also start another thread for comments. Keeping comments on another thread and entries in another make scoring easier.

and as far as the paypal thing goes, I will leave it in; it is not a mandatory and does not effect the outcome.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

P64 shooting matches

Post by papabear »

barnett3006,

Sounds good, I'm going to try real hard to better my score, the first shoot I came in 4th, the second shoot I tied for 3rd with Norm and maybe this one I can at least come in tied for second.... ::)....even if I come in dead a#s last, its fun shooting with family..... ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
barnett3006

P64 shooting matches

Post by barnett3006 »

papabear,

shooting is fun, and shooting with you guys is all the better. I don't care what my score is, if I missed the target all together I would still enter a pic of the backboard with my untouched target in the middle :). Its the friendly competition and comradery that we all share on this forum and in the shooting matches that I like so much.

hey Norm,
how hard is it to find that turkey target in the stores? That seems to be the best looking turkey target, the black silhouette turkey would work but it would be really hard on everyones printer cartridges.

BTW, my first name is Marc...or you can call me by my forum handle.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

P64 shooting matches

Post by carguy »

Is there any chance of getting that turkey target as a link and maybe someone with a photo shop could simply cut out the bullseye and place it on a whit background thus eliminating the orange part??
barnett3006

P64 shooting matches

Post by barnett3006 »

I did this in MS paint (I dont have photoshop)