Getting a P-64 Next Week

Info, pictures, advice...
torpeau

Getting a P-64 Next Week

Post by torpeau »

After reading about broken trigger bars & return springs, troublesome safeties and some doubt about using 100 gr. Wolf ammo, I'm wondering what I'm looking forward to with the brand new, '70s P-64 I'm picking up next week. Yes, I know that the DA trigger pull will be stiff, but I'm a little surprised at the other things I read.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Getting a P-64 Next Week

Post by anjdrifter »

I really would not be apprehensive about it at all/.. On this site the majority of members all own more then one. some to be polite like to experiment.. some I would dare say dont treat these guns like safe queens they are used and abused daily.I will bet in any weapon represented in a cluster like the one here you would see even more problems...Anyway as you have read here there is never a lack of help,notice I didnt say advise I said qualified and competent aid.. OK that is enuff.. any way if you are un happy bet you could get out of it real quick thru our for sale threads...
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Getting a P-64 Next Week

Post by blinddog »

I'll take it. Give you $199.00 for it but you gotta throw in ammo.
reprisejim

Getting a P-64 Next Week

Post by reprisejim »

I carry my P64 every day, all day. Because of that fact, I should an awful lot of rounds thru the gun at the range. I have not had one thing fail on the gun. If it should break, I'll buy another!! For the price, you can not go wrong. Purchase the gun and be happy with your purchase!!
redfestiva

Getting a P-64 Next Week

Post by redfestiva »

For everyone that has problems with a P-64 there are 10 that have zero problems. I've have no problems with mine and it gets shot alot. I would not hesitate to recommend the P-64 to anyone. I might add that on other threads I read that many "big buck" guns also have many problems. You can pay $700 for a pistol and have failures. I think the P-64 has a good track record , better than many others.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Getting a P-64 Next Week

Post by nbender »

One of the biggest motivators to create a post on the forum is to look for info on solving a problem. Not to just write and say I'm doing fine. You read posts about broken trigger guards and sticky safeties, but those are not common problems. The P-64 is robustly built.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Getting a P-64 Next Week

Post by papabear »

torpeau,

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here with us. If in fact you are picking up a new P-64"I'm looking forward to with the brand new, '70s P-64" you are blessed, I didn't know they existed. Regardless if it is new as you suggest or used and in excellent condition, which nearly all are, you will find you have a fine pistol that is built like a tank. I have had 5 all together and have shot them thousands of times, gave one to my son in law, and sold two, still have two, my daily carry is a "used" triangluar hammer 1976 with a Clipdraw attached with Zee grips. I shoot this P-64 every time I go the the range, I have put at least 2000 rds through it in the past 18 months and it continues to get smoother and easier to handle each time. I have not replaced any parts, none, nada, zilch, I did replace the grips though. I trust this pistol with my life.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
butch50

Getting a P-64 Next Week

Post by butch50 »

Like Geraldo said, "We don't report on houses that are not on fire."

If you take that to heart, then you will realize that very few people are going to start a thread titled - "So Far, So Good" ;D

And I have not doubt that you can sell it quickly if you do not get along with it.

Butch