P-64 as a carry weapon.

Info, pictures, advice...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by papabear »

+1 with grayfox,

I have carried my P-64 with the clipdraw for over a year now, strong side and cross draw, it stays put.......nuff said!!!

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
weetabix

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by weetabix »

Newbie question, but what's "Mexican carry?"

Also, where do you get the clip for clip draw?
redfestiva

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by redfestiva »

I believe "Mexican carry" means without any sort of holster, just stuck in a pocket or tucked inside your pants.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by trent »

No mexican's in Georgia, to my knowledge it's against the law for a civillian to carry w/out a holster/cilp. but It doesn't bother me, I much prefer a holster/something that can keep it upright.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by papabear »

weetabix,

Try this site, it is where I got mine, the Universal Clipdraw fits the P-64, PA-63, CZ82 etc etc etc.

http://www.clipdraw.com/
POINT SHOOTER
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by papabear »

Trent,

No Mexicans in Georgia huh......... ;D I don't think the BG's worry to much about the law in Georgia either.

Usted quizás deba la paga mejor atención a lo que pasa alrededor de usted allí en Georgia.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by carguy »

No mexican's in Georgia, to my knowledge it's against the law for a civillian to carry w/out a holster/cilp. but It doesn't bother me, I much prefer a holster/something that can keep it upright.
I know being from Massachusetts this sounds silly but, what kind of a law is restricting someone from carrying a gun without a holster ??? , Yes your honor it was a good shoot, self defense but the prosecution requests a year in jail for carrying his firearm in his pocket ??? ??? ???

I guess there is a nuttier state than Mass :D
redfestiva

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by redfestiva »

In the state of Ohio is it legal to carry a gun without a holster if you are not in a vehicle (with a valid CHL) In a car if it is on your person it must be in a holster of some kind.
barnett3006

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by barnett3006 »

I think holster requirements like that are enacted in an attempt to prevent accidental discharges. If the trigger is protected by a rigid material objects cant catch it and cause a AD. Also with a holster the gun is less likely to get away from you and hit the ground and discharge.

Do belt slides and belts with built in holsters qualify? If they do and you wanted (for some reason) to carry mexican style than these would be a legal way to do so in your state(s).
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by papabear »

I had no idea that mentioning carrying "mexican style" would created such a hoop-la. We now find out that in at least two states, and I would venture to say there are more; that its against the law to carry your handgun without a holster. It amazes me how our law makers come to these decisions, however, I'm not surprised, thank goodness I live in a state that at least when it comes to gun laws they still have some common sense, but I am sure that will pass too, considering the fact that most politicians everwhere have neither backbone or insight of their own to stand on, but rather yield to the ideologies and desires of others so they may obtain their own desires, not to mention get re-elected. Fanaticism consists in redoubling your efforts when you have forgotten your aim. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it".

papabear
Last edited by papabear on September 27th, 2007, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by carguy »

weetabix,

Try this site, it is where I got mine, the Universal Clipdraw fits the P-64, PA-63, CZ82 etc etc etc.

http://www.clipdraw.com/
I just picked one up off of the "dreaded" ebay for $16 plus $1.80 shipping.
reprisejim

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by reprisejim »

I would have to agree with the states that DO require the use of a holster while carrying. While I would be comfortable carrying the P64 without a holster there are many guns I woud not recommend carrying without. I would not carry my XD loose and I would definelately question a persons ability to think if they chose to carry a Glock loose. As we all know, there are many guns like the Glock that do not have any external saftey to prevent the round from firing (providing a round is in the tube). Yup, I think all states should have the rule. We have to remember that each accident that is caused by a CCW holder makes us all look bad.
amd6547

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by amd6547 »

I have often carried a browning hi-power or a 1911 "mexican style" with no issues at all--it is not the place of legislators who in reality, no nothing about proper forms of carry to dictate how I carry my pistol, nor is it your place.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
reprisejim

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by reprisejim »

My intention is not to upset anyone. I am pointing out that SOME guns are not suited to carry "mexican" style. Your hi-power 1911 is not one I would have a problem carrying in that way either. How are our lawmakers to draw that line??!! Are you saying that carrying a Glock in your pocket or "mexican" style is a good idea?? I think if one chooses to carry that way with that pistol, that person should not be carrying! It is a blatent disregard for safety which by-the-way is the primary reason that one carrys a firearm. That person is most likely much more in danger of an accidental discharge than being a victim of violence. That person becomes a liability to himself and all around him. With that said, I would rather everyone be required to carry in a holster (I am not saying that it has to be a level 3!!!). They could never write a law that says some people who carry a particular model of gun can carry without a holster and some with another model must carry with a holster. Is it that big of a deal to buy a holster? They make them for every situation. I don't think that anyone will argue that carrying without a holster is just as safe as carrying with a holster with every gun. :)
Last edited by reprisejim on September 27th, 2007, 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by anjdrifter »

As I have told a few of us I carried a bhp for years Mexican style while undercover without the slightness hesitation or trepidations at all..