P-64 as a carry weapon.

Info, pictures, advice...
reprisejim

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by reprisejim »

Yah, I've used that logic too. It only goes so far. She would rather I "invest" in something else, like a retirement fund!! I would venture to say that a gun is a far better investment than that!!
reprisejim

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by reprisejim »

By the way, can anyone tell me when I can expect that "junior" member thing to change. I don't really care what it's changed to, "junior" bugs me :) Well, after a little more thought, I suppose there are a few things that I would like less than "junior"!! :o
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by trent »

I think it goes away around 50 posts, don't quote me on that though
Last edited by trent on October 3rd, 2007, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by carguy »

Funny thing, like I said before my wife wants nothing to do with guns but she supports me having them. She pushed me to join the gun club..."either join and go shooting or sell them and do something else". Then she gave me the money to pick up my compact Beretta 92fs for my 50th birthday over the summer!

She is very good about it but indirectly makes me feel guilty about acquiring anything new when I'm reminded of college, insurance blah, blah, blah around the monthly time to pay the bills. So I work ebay as best I can and save up...she still doesn't know about the SKS that's sitting in the safe. She's seen it but not sure which one is which anymore...considering my vast collection of a half dozen long guns and maybe 10 handguns!

Gotta work the system! :'(
primarchbentley

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by primarchbentley »

Since I made the jump from rifles and started picking up a few pistols (including a P-64 with the intent of CCW, once the CCW paperwork processes), I seem to have sparked my dad's and brother's interest a bit in having at least one pistol around their respective houses for defense.

While I didn't have firearms in the house while growing up, my family was very involved in Boy Scouts, which gave my older brother and I plenty of exposure to .22s, shotguns, and black-powder rifles from a fairly early age (started with BB guns in Cub Scouts).

My sister-in-law was never exposed to firearms 'til my brother was going through some of his things and handed her an old .22 rifle (falling block from 1903. Nice rifle, but never kept loaded nor has he fired it) with a "Here, hold this." And my sister-in-law froze in place like a deer in headlights. ;D Fast forward a few years, and she's been to a gun range, fired a few different pistols, and agrees with my brother on having at least one in the house for defense, which she will be familiar with and able to use.

As for 'my own wife', well... I'm still working on getting one in the first place. ::) But at least I should be able to go into the deal with the stipulations of "Yes, there will be firearms in the house. Yes, our children will be taught firearm safety and marksmanship from an early age. Yes, I will be carrying when we're out together." :)

Am I too optimistic in hoping that I might be lucky enough to find a like-minded woman and be able to have a matching set of 'His and Hers' pistols as an anniversary present...? :D
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by papabear »

reprisejim,

Your almost there, it's 40 posts, so just a couple more........... ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
reprisejim

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by reprisejim »

this should be 39!!!!
reprisejim

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by reprisejim »

I am writing this as a SENIOR MEMBER!!!!! Thank you, thank you very much... >:( Hold the applause please... it was nothing... >:(
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by nbender »

reprisejim

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by reprisejim »

primarchbentley, I think you have the right idea. If she knows what to expect, she really can't argue (at least until you have kids)! If this forum has taught me anything is that there are a lot of wonderful women out there that not only support their husband's addition to firearms but sometimes actually contribute to it!!! You will find the right gal, perhaps at a gun show!!!
butch50

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by butch50 »

Let her fall for you before you show her your guns! ::)
mbillups

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by mbillups »

I also carry primarily my P-64 but sometimes I will carry a Walther ppk/s. I just love the feel of that one. I have been carrying both with IWB and a smartcarry. I don't care to much for the smartcarry. Its ok standing up but pretty uncomfortable sitting down. My gut maybe?

My wife has a Ruger 357 that she loves to shoot 38's but has shot 357. Both my daughter love to shoot and have 38 revolvers S&Ws. My oldest daughter is my shooting buddy and we go at least twice a month. Youngest is in college so we don't get to shoot that ofter. I think it has really bought us closer together. Wonder what the gun control folks would think about that?

Mort
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by papabear »

mgb3rd,

Thanks for sharing, nice to hear about a family that shoots, BTW, the gun control folks don't give a flip about anyone but themselves, and what they can gain from it.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
mbillups

P-64 as a carry weapon.

Post by mbillups »

Thanks Papabear!
I didn't mind giving up my 38's, but I sure do miss shooting them.
Starting to look over the Internet auctions for a nice used one.
Preferably a 357.

Mort