Dang whippersnappers!

Info, pictures, advice...
weetabix

Dang whippersnappers!

Post by weetabix »

I took my 13-year-old son to the range last night. I was shooting my Mak and he was shooting his .22. I'd brought my new P-64 along to let him try it out.

His first group at 7 yds was one long ragged hole about 1-1/2" tall by about 3/4" wide. Second target it spread out a bit - 3" group. Third target same as his first.

He tells me, "I think I like this gun, dad."

Dang kid is out shooting me with my own gun the first time he picks it up.

We always say we want our kids to do better than we do, but they could have the decency to wait just a little while before they show us up!
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Dang whippersnappers!

Post by nbender »

Sounds like when my father and uncle took me salmon fishing for the first time. I caught a couple of 20+ pounders and they were skunked; I never forgot it.

Sounds like he had some fun weetabix.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Dang whippersnappers!

Post by papabear »

weetabix,

Tell him if he keeps that up no more shooting till he leaves home...... ::) yeah right, thats a great story, and I know you are proud of him, by the way, who taught him to shoot, you or your wife......... ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
weetabix

Dang whippersnappers!

Post by weetabix »

I taught him. Funny thing is he didn't like shooting pistols before that. He preferred rifles. I think it's because his sister was shooting better than both of us with my CZ-82 before that. Now she's champing at the bit to get to the range and try the P-64. She can't stand the fact that he's turned in two really great groups.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Dang whippersnappers!

Post by abwehr »

weetabix,

Keep this up! Shooting is such a fun time to get the kids outside and away from computers. Glad to hear they are shooting so well at an early age. You know that means you have to practice more to keep up with them, LOL