Like a rolling stone!

Info, pictures, advice...
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Like a rolling stone!

Post by nbender »

Yeouuuuch!

There is a time for Vicodin and a place - the couch. Rest up and take it easy.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Like a rolling stone!

Post by blinddog »

Hope all goes well.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Like a rolling stone!

Post by manicmechanic »

Friday evening had a little set back as far as pain goes, not sure the cause. Could be bruising of the kidney from the lithotripsy, or just the remnants of the stones moving down and out. A little more vicadin for Santa Claus, ya had to know Cheech and Chong for that little insider! But no more for Santa since then, which is good.

Also received the safety/decocker from TG International Saturday. Now I've got to master the slide reassembly, thank God for Troy's work of art. Finally got some A-Zoom snap caps from Lyman's in the mail for the CZAK. Couldn't find any locally, or in stock online, ended up right at the source.

Been working with my son on a R/C dune buggy kit. We started on it Mon. the 10th, had to join a R/C forum to get some advice and tricks. Just finished it today, they are a blast.
Here's a couple of pics of the finished product, and the squids enjoying a nice cool evening.

Last edited by manicmechanic on September 16th, 2007, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Like a rolling stone!

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Nice family photo.
Hang in there pal, the pain wont last for ever and then its smooth sailing.
G.R.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Like a rolling stone!

Post by grayfox »

Glad things are going ok. We are with you bud.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Like a rolling stone!

Post by himmel »

Hey, is that a Saluki on that pink leash?? Nice lookin' younguns, BTW... :)
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Like a rolling stone!

Post by manicmechanic »

Hey, is that a Saluki on that pink leash?? Nice lookin' younguns, BTW... :)
himmel, you may be onto something there. We've always wondered what she had in her. We got her from a rescue foster shelter. She always looked to be part afghan and border collie to me but after looking at a couple of links in google on salukis, I can see a big resemblance to that breed in her. Good eye himmel!!

Last edited by manicmechanic on September 16th, 2007, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Like a rolling stone!

Post by manicmechanic »

For those that may be curious as to what I've been catching in my filters, here's a pic of what I took into the Doc today for analysis. The largest piece measures approx. .080 x .120'', or 5/64 x 1/8 for those decimally challenged lol. Since this is more or less a metric board I'll even throw the 2.032mm x 3.100mm approx. conversion.

bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Like a rolling stone!

Post by bzinggg »

Manicmech,

I know what you have been going through. Last year, I had a spermatocel removed from my left testicle, my prostate resectioned, and stones that had already passed in to the bladder removed all at the same time. I had over 100 blood clots form in the bladder, and had to be manually purged twice by a urinary RN the second day after the operation. Quite a little holiday, huh? ;D
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Like a rolling stone!

Post by grayfox »

Your not supose to use it as a hammer ;D
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Like a rolling stone!

Post by bzinggg »

;D
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Like a rolling stone!

Post by papabear »

manicmechanic,

Its great that you are doing better. Yes things take time to heal, sooner for some than others, at 49 it takes a little longer than say someone in their 20's, but for those of us that are in or 60's it seems to take forever, hang in there, it will end......... :'( BTW, great looking kids and your dog too!

papabear
Last edited by papabear on September 18th, 2007, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Like a rolling stone!

Post by papabear »

bzinggg,

Hey, was that urinary RN that manually purged you twice a female or male RN......... ;D

papabear
Last edited by papabear on September 18th, 2007, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Like a rolling stone!

Post by bzinggg »

A Nurse named Nancy, can you believe it! And let me tell you, Nurse Nancy had no problem with her instructions to "be more vigorous"! She put the heel of her hand on that syringe and I thought I had a garden hose up the canal. Then she pulled it back and sucked out literally dozens of bloodclots and squirted them out in a bucket on the floor beside the hospital bed, where she insisted I lean over and look. AAAGGHHH!!! It was like being trapped in a horror movie! She kept giving me orders; "Hold this, right here!" "OK, let it go. LET IT GO!" When we got through that little ordeal, she made me drink a whole pitcher of water. When I had to go, they made me get up and walk to the head, where I deposited a few more blood clots and then the damn catheter slipped out and another nurse and me got it pushed back in. By this time, I'm practically a blathering idiot. Took me about 2 months to recover at home. It was really 6 months before I stopped letting it dominate my thoughts and activities. Since then, though, I have been like a new man in that department and have a much better life and am like normal again. I still tremble a little when I hear the name Nancy, though! :D

She and all that team are really consumate professionals though, and now it seems evident that they did a really good job. They do right by veterans at Thomas Creek in Amarillo.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Like a rolling stone!

Post by himmel »

Hope it wasn't Nancy Ratchet... ;)
Last edited by himmel on September 18th, 2007, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.