HOW TO DISASSEMBLY YOUR AK RIFLE

Info, pictures, advice...
bartos061

Post by bartos061 »

Hi, Firstly I must to apologize You guys for out of topic.
Those pictures came from the same source as P-64 pictures.
This rifle is from 1960. It is second variation of AK which was made in Poland. His name is: "7,62mm kbk AK z kolba skladana"(7,62mm AK rifle with folding stock)
So for field striping Your AK You must.
step one:
You must detached cleaning rod from weapon.
step two:
Realize mag from weapon.
step three:
Take cleaning set from mag pouch and leave it on the table(maby this is funny for You but this is taken from manual and If You don't do this That was a great mistake)
step four:
Unsafe weapon and inspect the chamber than shoot into the ground.
step five:
Remove cover.
step six:
Remove driving spring assembly.
step seven:
Remove bolt and carrier.
step eight:
Remove bolt from the carrier.
step nine:
ImageImage
Remove gas cylinder tube.
And now we have polish AK field striped.

Ones more I'm sorry for out of topic but I know that on this forum are guys which loves AK.
amd6547

Post by amd6547 »

Thanks-you are certainly right, bartos, there are AK fans here--I am one. We are lucky right now in America, in that there are a large number of ex-polish folding stock AK's which have been cut into parts kits and are fairly easy to build back into working condition. They are beautifully made and make terrific rifles---I think I will get one while they are around. We also have your 5.45 Tantal rifles as kits.
Last edited by amd6547 on January 5th, 2006, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
xelloss

Post by xelloss »

Look at the beautiful milled reciever on that gun... Makes me wanna cry... ;D ;D ;D Damn, I love AKs...

-Mark
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

Yea, that is one more beautiful rifle! My Tantal Kit is scheduled to arrive today by UPS from Sportsmans Guide! I still say that the Polish AKs I have seen so far are the best quality!!!!

One time back in my war days, I had a brand new Russian AK Milled Receiver that I carried. This rifle was superb, as the fit and finish were excellent. I don't remember the date on the rifle, but it was nice. The later Russian and Chinese AKs did not have the quality of the early Russian rifles, but none of them compare to the Polish rifles; they are the best I have seen!

It will be several weeks before I can start my builds, but I will post photos when they get completed.
xelloss

Post by xelloss »

Are you doing screws or rivets, abwehr??? Also, are you going to be doing a stamped or milled reciever??? If you go with stamped, I recommend Global Trades 1.6mm recievers if you can do machining work at all (i.e. grinding)... That's what's currently on my Bulgarian AK-74 build, and it is rock-sturdy!!! ;D ;D ;D

On the Tantal, you have to do a little bit of fitting, as it doesn't quite match a normal 5.45 AK reciever... It does, however, have a cool 3-rd burst selector which a friend of mine managed to incorporate (non-functional, of course :( :( :() into his reciever... Looks neat... ;D ;D ;D

-Mark
amd6547

Post by amd6547 »

The Hungarian AK is also very high quality. The amd65 I screw-built has beautiful finishing. While I like the Romanian I had built from a kit, it is not nearly as nicely machined as the amd.
mongo

Post by mongo »

I have an AMD65 and a SA85M

life is gewd.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

I received my Tantal Kit yesterday afternoon. I tore open the box and it is a beauty, made in 1990. The finish is approx. 97%, with most of the finish wear on the Sidefolder stock.

WOW, did I get a surprise when I saw the Fire Control Parts!!! I said to myself "what the heck are all these parts". There is another lever on the LH side of the reciever and I surmised it was for a 3 round Burst Control since there is an additional lever on the LH side.

Since I musr conply with the Regulation .922r, I think I will replace the original FC parts with standard AK parts and get a standard RH side Safety Lever. To make it appear more authentic, I will weld the LH side lever in place. Again, this is another beautiful weapon from Poland!!!

xelloss,

I use screws with red Loctite in the front trunnnion and use some rivits in the rear trunnion where I can get to them. I don't have a press large enough to remove the barrel and replace. So far, screws have worked fine. I actually add a spot of weld to the two lower rear screws of the front trunnion. I am not sure what receiver I will use yet for the Tantal, but I really like the Ewbanks receivers! OOW works are nice, but require more fitting than the Ewbanks.
Last edited by abwehr on January 7th, 2006, 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
amd6547

Post by amd6547 »

In my case, I used High heat two-part epoxe on the sides of the trunion (front & rear) as well as on the screw threads, being carefull to fill the holes drilled in the reciever with epoxe as well so that the screws were fully bedded. The rifle has had about 500 rounds through it with no evidence of loosening or movement.
xelloss

Post by xelloss »

Cool!!! So far I've only done rivet builds, but may try a screw build with my Romanian kit (not NEARLY as nice as the Polish kits, guys)... ;D ;D ;D

-Mark
mikethewreck

Post by mikethewreck »

Waaaah!

I got my Polisk AK underfolder kit today. The person who packed the kit just put it loose in a box with paper packing material. The oil bottle leaked and disintegrated the bottom of the box! I have no clue whether all the parts are there!

The dealer (Cheaper than Dirt) will send me a replacement when I return the original.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

mikethewreck,

Yea, those oil bottles do tend to leak! When I received my Polish Underfolder from Sportsmans Guide, it was very well packaged in several p[lastic bags. The oil bottles had leaked some and the box has oil stains. The other good part is the box the parts were in, was shipped inside another box! This was the best packing I have ever seen, even SG!!!
mikethewreck

Post by mikethewreck »

I might have had all the parts, but I didn't want to risk it. Wife came up with a huge ziploc bag all the parts fit into.