Ankle holster /P-64

Info, pictures, advice...
michaelap

Ankle holster /P-64

Post by michaelap »

Hey folks new guy over here I bought my P-64 in July and I love it I like to use it for carry, it feels much better than the full size .40 I was carrying. I could use some advice on an ankle holtser???????
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Ankle holster /P-64

Post by garry »

Howdy Michaelap, I don't carry ,But, There is a section on this forum that members can buy,sell, and discuss holsters , and several are making them and selling them there. From the pics i have seen, they are very well made and there are several suggestions for which holsters fit better. I am sure that a few of the guys can make you a very fine quality ankle holster. They use quality leather and work the leather with skills that are like the old days before plastic. Here is that link:
http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?board=gear A couple noticable makers are TTH, and Ishi. There are others and I am sorry not to mention them here(I don't carry but i like to look) I don't recall all of their names.

Back to the P-64 - This site has a multitude of users from all over ,Including Poland, and all of us fell in love with this little Polish Pounder. I am confident that you will enjoy it and get great mileage out of it as long as you completely CLEAN it inside out to rid it of cosmoline. It is a very small pistol with a big punch to it.
I encourage you to look thru the forums and Sticky Section to further aquaint yourself with the workings of this Finely crafted Pistol!!! There is a section for modifications also, Tho I and many members here like it just as it came from the factory. Good luck /Welcome/and Write in with any questions you may have and we will help all we can ! Garry
michaelap

Ankle holster /P-64

Post by michaelap »

Thanks so much, I did get to fire it shortly after I bought it the kick was'nt as bad as I was expecting but I did feel. Thanks for the tips I do plan to buy more.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Ankle holster /P-64

Post by garry »

Hey No Problem ! I hope that helps. I was just looking at the holsters forum here and did not see any mention of "ankle" holsters. I am sure one of the members can make one for you tho. If you can give them a drawing or dimensions for what YOU want.
I am happy with the P-64 as is. I started reloading for it several months back and found a very comfy light load that relieves some of the kick so i just use them now. 3 grs. of bullseye powder makes for a nice easy load yet it still cycles perfectly.(Thanks MagicDoc!!!) There are a bunch of AMMO choices and many members here have written in with there favorite types and brands. One of my favorite charts for the 9x18 Mak. Ammo is from a member here named NBender , He took the time to measure and test a whole bunch of different Ammo and the chart he made was VERY VERY helpful for making a choice.
He also posted on another site where he is a member and that is where i first saw the chart. I am hoping someone here will chime in with the link for you. It is great reading. You can find the links in the "General" section on this forum. Just look thru the topics for Ammo. Also... don't forget to look thru the "Sticky" section. and the free manual section. Happy shooting Man, G
Last edited by garry on August 29th, 2007, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.