Questions from a newbie

Info, pictures, advice...
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Questions from a newbie

Post by beasleydano »

PB, I believe that Walther PP is 9x18 Ultra. It is slightly different to the 9x18 Mak. 9x18 Ultra or Police (same) are not the same dimensions as 9x18 Mak. I have seen some of the ammo being sold to somebody asking for 9x18 Mak. I would not use it in a 9x18 Mak gun. :'(

I think someone had posted a 9x18 caliber chart showing dimensions.
I agree with 9x18 shooter. Completely different calibers. Do not shoot 9x18 Ultra (AKA 9x18 Super, 9x18 Police) in anything chambered for 9x18 Makarov. BTW, I do believe that Walther made a special run specifically for the 9x18 Makarov but I have never seen one or know of anyone that actually owns one.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Questions from a newbie

Post by papabear »

carguy & 9x198 shooter,

Thanks for correcting my mistakes [CZ83 as 9x18] and the Walther PP 9x18 mistaken identity, which is a 9x18 Ultra not a standard 9x18 round, I corrected it in my original. I don't want to pass on incorrect information that might lead to someone getting hurt or destroying a gun. As I have said before, I need all the help I can get, thanks guys for putting up with a tired old fart that couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a base fiddle when he has been out in this 102 heat we have had here [KY] the last three days, :'( I knew better, but by the time the brain waves got from there to the fingers I must have had a loose connection.

papabear
Last edited by papabear on August 25th, 2007, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Questions from a newbie

Post by carguy »

That sounds like a new competition...hitting a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle.

Okay let me see a show of hands...how many have a bass fiddle? ;D

Cute saying Papabear you remind me of a TV show...there is this woman on a new show called Army Wives and she appears to be a "country girl" and constantly comes out with these silly sayings.

I'm not sure of your origins...maybe it is a country thing or a southern thing?!? :o

Maybe you folks in the "lower 2/3's of the country are that much more creative. Maybe it's that Sweet Tea!!! ;D ;D ;D

Really, really, really way off topic here so forgive me but...I was watching Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel the other night and they actually set up shelving like a china shop in a corral and let in bulls...to test the saying a "Bull in a China Shop". The darn bulls were like fine tuned athletes. They knocked over one rack "by incidental contact". They were in and out, all through the racks without a problem! I couldn't believe how agile they were for 2000 pound beasts!!

Sorry for the detour...NOW DOES ANYONE HAVE A BASS FIDDLE???
Last edited by carguy on August 25th, 2007, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
coachguillot64

Questions from a newbie

Post by coachguillot64 »

Thanks again to all.
I will be sending in that C&R application this coming week. I am a teacher and have had a backgroung check/finger printing everywhere I've worked. Also had a top secret security clearance when I was in the Army...but that was a while back.
I was trying to wait until I got my C&R before I purchased a P-64, but my wife and I will be taking our consealed carry course i October and want to get some range time before then.
Pete
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Questions from a newbie

Post by trent »

no bass fiddle here, but I do have a straw hat and reminants of a 20's era moon shine distillary in my back yard
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Questions from a newbie

Post by carguy »

Trent: Cool...I see a rebuild in your future!

Coach: I understand your wanting to wait but a P-64 isn't C&R eligible anyways, so wehatever works for you. Good luck and welcome aboard. ;D
9x18shooter

Questions from a newbie

Post by 9x18shooter »

PapaBear, I just wanted to make sure anyone reading would not make that mistake. I know it has been hot down there in KY. I have had a contractor supposed to have poured a foundation for me in Lee County and he can't get anyone to work setting the forms in this heat. They are about 2 weeks behind now.......
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Questions from a newbie

Post by papabear »

That sounds like a new competition...hitting a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle.

Okay let me see a show of hands...how many have a bass fiddle? ;D

Cute saying Papabear you remind me of a TV show...there is this woman on a new show called Army Wives and she appears to be a "country girl" and constantly comes out with these silly sayings.

I'm not sure of your origins...maybe it is a country thing or a southern thing?!? :o

Maybe you folks in the "lower 2/3's of the country are that much more creative. Maybe it's that Sweet Tea!!! ;D ;D ;D

...NOW DOES ANYONE HAVE A BASS FIDDLE???
carguy,

It's all the sweet tea we drink down here, and then we have to go pee like a cow pissing on a flat rock. Yelp, I'm county...... ;D It only got up to 97 today, I may come to my senses soon.....nah.....to late for that............. :'(

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Questions from a newbie

Post by papabear »

+1 with carguy.

The CZ83 is also chambered for 9x18 (limited edition). I have one in nickel finish. It uses the same magazines as the CZ82.
beasleydano,

Thanks for the heads up on the CZ83 also coming in 9x18 [limited addition] I wasn't aware of that. Most of my life has been devoted to wheel guns and the 1911A1 and most of the rifles of WW1 & WWII. I just took for granted that the CZ83 that that everyone was selling now came only in the .32acp, thanks to you and Google I have a little more knowledge of the CZ83 now.

Take Care,

papabear
Last edited by papabear on August 25th, 2007, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Questions from a newbie

Post by carguy »

carguy,

It's all the sweet tea we drink down here, and then we have to go pee like a cow pissing on a flat rock. Yelp, I'm county...... ;D It only got up to 97 today, I may come to my senses soon.....nah.....to late for that............. :'(

papabear[/quote]

Papabear you are killing me!! Somebody needs to help me up off the floor..."a cow pissing on a flat rock!!!" :D :D :D :D
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Questions from a newbie

Post by papabear »

carguy,

Easy now, don't want you to get a hitch in your giddy up, so I'll stop with the colloquialism's, but I will leave you with this.

Sono appena un ragazzo di paese che è l'Americano Appalachiano

papabear
Last edited by papabear on August 25th, 2007, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Questions from a newbie

Post by anjdrifter »

boy are you trying to put him betweena rock and a hard place....
we wont tell them how you pro nounce a suite of furniture.
it took me forever to relearn Yankee after I left Kentuck...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Questions from a newbie

Post by papabear »

anjdrifter,

Whats wrong with saying a bedroom suit...... :D I can't hep it, I was raised this way, corn fed and cornbread and then you add the sweet tea and buttermilk and it all just come natural. I was up North once, went to Louisville when I took that step forward, and uncle Sam sent me to Vietnam with a Tonka Toy [M16].

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Questions from a newbie

Post by anjdrifter »

dont you mean lou vooule.. I used to hate when some one from like yankeeville would call it lewis ville..
Hey I really have never liked the mantel toy either... I learned on and leaned on a bolt 308
But what do I know I am from the NYC area then louisville. all you country boys would make me turn at the watermelon tree when I asked for a 20...
poor carguy would lose his mind if he saw how firearms were traded in KY .. boy that is what started the addiction.. I plan on getting a different kind of milsurp soon. after next week . I sure have misssed them range with new stuff.... whoops sorry lets get back on thread here... buy 9x18 and be happy with any of em.
Last edited by anjdrifter on August 25th, 2007, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Questions from a newbie

Post by bzinggg »

Get you four or five of them CMP Service Grade M1 Garands, too! I can highly reccommend them.

bZinggg.