S&B 9x18 at Samco

Info, pictures, advice...
mikeh1

S&B 9x18 at Samco

Post by mikeh1 »

Samco has 24 round boxes of S&B 94gr for $38.16 for 10 boxes. I just tried to order some, but they don't ship ammo to Los Angeles Co. due to some "alleged" law that they say exists.

After talking to detectives at my local police station, my county supervisor and the state DOJ, I have found there are no such laws. Too bad Samco blindly follows other vendors regarding this issue instead of finding out for themselves. They could sell a lot more ammo.
/rant:off
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

S&B 9x18 at Samco

Post by carguy »

Welcome to the "NO AMMO TO MASS" club!

Sorry to hear of your experience. Not a bad price for S&B at all!

Maybe I'll order some...whoops...they don't ship to Mass either!

Keep searching I'm sure you'll find some distributor that either understands or ignores these stupid threats of the ultra liberal state law makers that think they know what is good for everyone else!
Last edited by carguy on August 21st, 2007, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
volfandan

S&B 9x18 at Samco

Post by volfandan »

That absolutely sucks! I can't even imagine the BS you guys have to deal with. Thank God I live in a state that allows anything the FED allows...and doesn't start making its own laws.

I'll be thinking of you two as I build my next Imbel FAL kit.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

S&B 9x18 at Samco

Post by normsutton »

In defense of Samco

Samco is a big importer of firearms & ammo
they have had complaints about shipping firearms & ammo to restrected states
instead of arguing with these state so they stop shipping to these states, I can't blame them because its a no win .

all I can say is change the laws in your state or move . Don't get mad at the company's that won't sell you stuff its their FFL that's on the line.

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

S&B 9x18 at Samco

Post by devlinfaust »

I agree totally with volfandan, but of course, we have 'other' stupid laws in this state, just not stupid laws related to guns and ammo--well, at least not many stupid laws relating to guns and ammo, that is.

Thanks for the heads up on the S&B.
mikeh1

S&B 9x18 at Samco

Post by mikeh1 »

Like I said, we have no laws here prohibiting us from buying ammo. It's just ignorance, the blind leading the blind.

In defense of Samco

Samco is a big importer of firearms & ammo
they have had complaints about shipping firearms & ammo to restrected states
instead of arguing with these state so they stop shipping to these states, I can't blame them because its a no win .

all I can say is change the laws in your state or move . Don't get mad at the company's that won't sell you stuff its their FFL that's on the line.

NORM
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

S&B 9x18 at Samco

Post by carguy »

Norm, I agree with your comment entirely but if we can't change the laws nor move at the moment...all we can do is moan to those that will listen and sympathize.

Eveyone except Volfandan who just rubs it in!! (just kidding) :P

This state tried to sue the state of NH for taxes that Massachusetts lost because people were going over the border and purchasing liquor cheaper and without the 5% sales tax charged in Mass. They actually had State Troopers sitting in the parking lots of NH State Liquor stores taking license numbers of Ma drivers buying and transporting back to MA. Didn't try to penalize the drivers but went after the state of NH...and lost.

Massachusetts actually has a line on the state income tax form where residents that may have purchased something out of state and brought it back are supposed to estimate the 5% sales tax we owe the state of Mass on these purchases!!! I'll bet that gets filled out alot!!!

Me I never buy anything out of state so I don't have to worry about anyone reading this and figuring I owe taxes. I support the state I love to hate!!

:(
mikeh1

S&B 9x18 at Samco

Post by mikeh1 »

Reminds me of the mid '60s, when the State of Wisconsin prohibited sales of margarine due to the strong influence of the dairy industry. We used to go down to the Illinois border and "smuggle" it across!
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

S&B 9x18 at Samco

Post by carguy »

"Is that a pound of margerine in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

:D
drogers

S&B 9x18 at Samco

Post by drogers »

Keep in mind the ammo you are looking at is for a box of 24, not 50. You can get brass case reloadable from SOG for $8.80/50 or $175/1000.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

S&B 9x18 at Samco

Post by anjdrifter »

this is not against any ammo or company or anyone on this site but for all those anti gun people or states. also there is a bad word in picture so dont look if you are offended easily
mikeh1

S&B 9x18 at Samco

Post by mikeh1 »

Keep in mind the ammo you are looking at is for a box of 24, not 50. You can get brass case reloadable from SOG for $8.80/50 or $175/1000.
SOG is out of the MFS. I missed it by a day or two.
volfandan

S&B 9x18 at Samco

Post by volfandan »

Carguy, with great leadership such as Kennedy and Kerry...how can Mass be so anti-gun? I just don't understand. :o
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

S&B 9x18 at Samco

Post by carguy »

With these 2 killers it's easy, Kerry was in Vietnam for about 15 minutes (seriously only a 3 month tour) just long enough to get those cool pictures of himself posing with his "black rifle". He probably couldn't remember how to shoot it if he had to. And Kennedy can only kill with a car and a bridge. He is a useless drunk, believe me I have never voted for him (and my Dad knew his brothe JFK).

Massachusetts is a state controlled by liberal politicians that believe they know exactly what is good for everybody else and make laws for just that...everybody else. There are state senators that have been convicted of tax evasion...but stay in office and was actually running for Lt. Governor until it got out, her running mate lost miserably. Unfortunately, I love living here, the history, the seasons, the scenery...it's great! I am a glutton for punishment so I stay and moan! :'(
volfandan

S&B 9x18 at Samco

Post by volfandan »

Carguy,

My parents just got back from Boston, and absolutely loved it. My dad said they looked at him like he was from Mars when he asked for sweet tea with dinner at a restaurant....but I guess that sweet tea is a southern thing. It just sucks for home sweet home (for you and countless other gun owners) to be controlled by such anti-gun dim whits. OK, I'm getting too political and starting to rant and rave....must be bed time. Bottom line is that we feel for you, sympathize with you, and will always lend an ear for any moans.