Reason for CCW

Post by papabear »

saands,

Thanks for your reply, understood and thanks for you comments! ;D
POINT SHOOTER
daysleeper

Reason for CCW

Post by daysleeper »

Read the 2nd amendment. It's clear to me, don't know why it's so hard to understand for the Liberals. Enough said.

Penn & Teller have a show on HBO named "Bull$hit". They did a great show about how worthless gun laws are. I was pretty amazed to find that they were pro-gun. If you get a change to watch it, it is pretty good.
Believe me, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on if the contstitution were a valid document. But the second ammendment clearly gives everyone the right to the same arms as the military has access to, and that hasn't been the case in a very, very long time. Several ammendments in the Bill of Rights have been stripped of all meaning. It's a situation that should have resulted in the self-destruction of the document, as the writers intended. But that would not be in the interest of the two-party system, so they continue to shape and reshape the constitution beyond all recognition. So when I say I'm neither liberal or conservative its because there's nothing left to interpret.

I will be on the lookout for that Penn and Teller bit, those cats are too cool.
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Reason for CCW

Post by space »

Penn and Teller's Bull$hi.. is on ShowTime, not HBO. Pretty good too.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Reason for CCW

Post by himmel »

I think the diurnal somnolent has a bit of a point--the Constitution has been pretty well chewed up in the course of things--but that's no reason to give up on it and join its destroyers...
k75rt

Reason for CCW

Post by k75rt »

Haven't been her in a while , just wanted to see the follow up on daysleeper; Yep he is truely an elitist and when they come to take his gun he will give it up in the betterment of Society.....idiot!
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Reason for CCW

Post by blinddog »

No guns!!!!Thats what Hitler said. I thank God that Oregon is a shall issue state. I pass a federal background check, I get my permit simple as that. We don't need more screwed up laws--we just need to enforce the ones we have. This is a great debate, and I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion.:)
michaelap

Reason for CCW

Post by michaelap »

if anyone has expressed my feelings forgive me for being redundant. I see the problem is in punishment. do we punish criminals properly? no we don't does anyone remember the last idiot who pulled a gun at the el al (israeli) ticket booth at lax. security shot him dead and went back to his cup of coffee. no further legislation no debates on rights or feelings just a swift end to someone looking to do violence to some innocents. in America we believe our rights come from God not some senator, that being said a man should be able to have his guns no questions asked but when he decides it is his right to do violence on another then his life should be forfeit. I don't believe this man belongs among us and I or my wife should't have to jump through hoops because of that man or his rights. when you find a cancer you cut it out not let the rest of the body suffer because of it... Amen anyone?
volfandan

Reason for CCW

Post by volfandan »

amen from the back row, brother!
fritzhund

Reason for CCW

Post by fritzhund »

I live in Pennsylvania and consider myself lucky to live in a Commonwealth where I am legally permitted to carry.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
weetabix

Reason for CCW

Post by weetabix »

Also remember that if you take almost everyone's access to guns away, the law-abiding are weaponless and the violent criminals turn to knives, bats, boots, etc.

See formerly Great Britain....
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Reason for CCW

Post by trent »

heck, the criminals will still have the guns when all the law abiding citicens abide by the law.
oddshot

Reason for CCW

Post by oddshot »

WOW...my FIRST real post. Stand back...I'm about to get "wordy" ::)

The first 10 Amendments to our Constitution is called "The Bill of RIGHTS".

This Bill isn't something that "they" (the government) gave to US...it was a BILL that WE (the PEOPLE) gave to them...letting them know what they can NEVER take away from us....

The Constitution is NOT a list of laws for US to obey...it is a framework of law LIMITING what OUR government is ALLOWED to do.

For the last 50 years (+/-) Washington has been trying to confuse us and scare us into believing it is the other way around.

THAT, boys and girls, is a LIE FROM HELL!

The Bill of Rights, our GOD-GIVEN RIGHTS, can -MUST- NEVER be limited, legislated, changed, diminished, removed, REGULATED (GOD I HATE that word)...with out the blessing OF THE PEOPLE.

...NEVER.

Any attempt to do so is an attempt to REGULATE (CONTROL)...THE PEOPLE.

"Gun Control" has deep roots in the US Governments attempts in controling its "Racial" population. White Politicians got REAL SCARED when they saw Black Americans begining to demand their rights...ARMED...in the streets. These politicians wanted to put a stop to that quick!

Again ..."GUN CONTROL" is a pack of lies...tied up in power and control

...ooopppps, sorry. :'(

Didn't mean to make my first REAL post so long. :)

Odd Shot
michaelap

Reason for CCW

Post by michaelap »

oddshot
Hey brother I love it, just when I start to get tired of hearing myself go off I tune in here and see all these like minded folks letting me know I am far from alone. Let it rip my man thats why I love these guys we are in good company!
butch50

Reason for CCW

Post by butch50 »

This is both a very simple, and complicated subject. The simple way of looking at it, which is my preference, is that there should be no more laws or regulations or restrictions regarding firearms than there are regarding kitchen knives.

The complicated way of looking at is that America is made up of about 300 million people, of that about 221 million are of voting age, of that are about 122 million of whom vote and about 61 million of them are total idiots. That leaves us other 61 million to try and keep some sense of sanity in our govt when we have had nothing but truly poor choices to choose from. Inevitably we seem to always sink downwards towards the lowest common denominator of voter - and on this issue that tends to be towards more regulation because there is a large segment of the population that wants to have a govt that coddles them - of course there is no such thing, but they just can't see that. It scares me to think what might happen if all 221 million voted - would we be better or worse off?

So we are in a constant struggle to retain our rights - Join the NRA and your state version of it and stay active, vote when you get a chance. And bury something in the backyard. This fight will never end.
Last edited by butch50 on November 14th, 2007, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmkwdi

Reason for CCW

Post by tmkwdi »

Oddshot makes a very valid point about the sanctity of the Bill of Rights. As a journalist myself, I realize that if the 2nd Amendment (Right to Keep and Bear Arms) is emasculated, the 1st Amendment (Freedom of the Press) could easily follow. We must never allow any of our Constitutional rights to be compromised.

With the U.S. Supreme Court on the verge of considering the DC gun ban, perhaps there'll be a major decision that would negate the various state laws banning CCW. If that happens, I predict some major reductions in crime rates.