Reason for CCW

Info, pictures, advice...
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Reason for CCW

Post by garry »

they said the same thing about driver's licenses when they first started that and there are millions of drivers out there that don't have licenses. they take the chance and they know the outcome if they are caught , yet they do it anyways , same with drunk driving. A good point was made about personalized guns that only shoot for the owner~ If I go down , I want my wife to be able to use my guns.
the biggest problem I see with this is that NONE of these ideas will affect our generation. There are too many guns out there that aren't registered and they will NEVER get them ALL. Even if they tried to go house to house and disarm us , they will NEVER get ALL of the weapons. Take their guns and they will use bats, take their bats and they will use sticks ,etc...
My Guns are NOT outlaws. Man is the problem, try to OUTLAW MAN ! G
maddogrecurve

Reason for CCW

Post by maddogrecurve »

Amen to the arguments here guys. I was never a big "CCW" fan. I always thought that peeps that got permits to carry were PU$$Y's but now that i have a little 3 year old girl and a wife who is going through chemo, i have changed my tune! Im doing it legally but i also know of peeps who get guns cheaper and more readily whom never have to register their guns.
They do it illegally and through theives who steal the guns.
I think gun control is a little crazy, yes it serves a minor purpose in society, "To give the Government the names and addresses of ALL who own firearms LEGALLY"!!!!!
If i buy a gun from a junky whom stole it, the government whould'nt know i was packing would they?
Lets keep the laws fair and keep the criminals thinking!

Maddog
roester

Reason for CCW

Post by roester »

well, here in IL, the point is moot anyway.
Chicago only allows its Aldermen and the Mayor to carry.
The rest of us can't be trusted.
ANd the rest of the state toes the Chicago line. :(
I doubt the "rest of the state" does. I grew up in deep south Southern Illinois - near Cairo - Illinois State Police never even got off the interstate down there - if they knew what was good for them. ;D
Last edited by roester on December 29th, 2007, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Reason for CCW

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I have followed this thread since its conception and have been amazed by the logic of those both pro and con, well thought out by most; not so well by others. There are thousands of gun control laws on the books that have failed to control the criminal element and never will. Prohibition laws do not work, one needs only to look at our own country's history to verify that in their own mind. Laws attempting to control drugs, alcohol, prostitution, guns, fraud, theft etc., etc., etc., have all failed. Corruption exists within and outside of our government. Take away the peoples rights to protect themselves and you end up with governments similar to those in Mexico and parts of South America, parts of Europe, the Middle East and so forth. Some are benevolent, most are naught, all have the same thing in common. The population does not have the right to protect themselves by baring arms. Pray it never happens here.
Happy living in Oregon,
Gunney Rabbit.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on January 1st, 2008, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Reason for CCW

Post by anjdrifter »

[
To all you old law dogs now just lyin' in the shade, current pistoleros and other fervent Second Amendment believers: I would rather be your friend, but if you are not interested in that, I am prepared to be a capable and efficient enemy. This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. As John Steinbeck once said :

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4. America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall.

5. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away. (but shoot first anyway, then call 911)

6. A reporter did a human interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?'. The Ranger responded with, 'Because they don't make a .46.'

7. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

8. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'NO Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.' (Winchester Model 94 30-30 Cal. and loaded with Winchester Silver Tips, no doubt).

9. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!"

To this I will add my comments. I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. To which I said I did. She said 'well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!' To which I said, 'of course it is loaded.' She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of some one evil coming into your house?' My reply was,'No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching afire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and THEY ARE ALL LOADED.'

Charles Wood, Col. U.S.A. Ret.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Reason for CCW

Post by papabear »

Good one old buddy, thanks......... :-*

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
primarchbentley

Reason for CCW

Post by primarchbentley »

I tend to think of this quote: "Rights of the People, when not practiced regularly, have a bad habit of being taken away."
bartoszsitarski

Reason for CCW

Post by bartoszsitarski »

No NICS Check
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Reason for CCW

Post by papabear »

I BELIEVEEEEEEE........

I would rather be judged my 12 than carried by six........nuff said!!!
POINT SHOOTER
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Reason for CCW

Post by grayfox »

Papabear,
It looks like he is thinking....."should I buy that gun or some more ammo"?
Great pic & great posts..