General cost of a decent P-64?

Info, pictures, advice...
finnegan

Post by finnegan »

There's a Polish P-64 in my local shop for roughly $200. I overheard another guy in there ask why that one was so much. He apparently bought one just like it in that very store a week prior for $165. What exactly is the going rate for these guns? This store is one of the few locally that carries curio and relic firearms and are pretty well known for having high prices.

The gun they have there looks to be in excellent shape, there's no scratches or wear on the gun.
doyle

Post by doyle »

There are two for sale right on the forum from a member out in Portland. He is asking $150 plus shipping. I consider that to be a very fair price in a face-to-face sale. However, by the time you add shipping and a FFL fee for whomever accepts shipment for you, you would be up close to the price your dealer is asking. I figure that if you use that $150 face-to-face as a low end and the $200 the dealer quoted as high end, you would have the typical spread of current values.
finnegan

Post by finnegan »

Thanks doyle, that's about what I expected.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

in my area Delaware the rate seems to be 199.00 in shops and also the same in parts of Va. (eastern shore)
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

The last two that I bought were on auction sites. Both were unissued with round hammer, flat grips, with 2 mags. One was $125 + $20 shipping and the other was $159 w/ shipping included (the dealer shipped the pistol and 2 mags loose with no packing material in a USPS Priority Mail envelope- not a box- an envelope and luckily it arrived in perfect condition).
doyle

Post by doyle »

I've had my one and only P-64 for almost a year. I paid $140 plus tax and local ffl fee. Total was about $165 out the door. I've been watching the auction sites and prices seem to have increased about 10 to 20% in the last year. If I could find another good P-64 in a FTF transaction for $150, I'd do it.
stibnite

Post by stibnite »

the dealer shipped the pistol and 2 mags loose with no packing material in a USPS Priority Mail envelope
Duly noted in the auction site feedback for this dealer I hope... >:(
pshootr

Post by pshootr »

As I understand it, unless it is an 01FFL to 01FFL shipment that is illegal, on the part of the shipping dealer, that is, not the recipient.

The last two that I bought were on auction sites. Both were unissued with round hammer, flat grips, with 2 mags. One was $125 + $20 shipping and the other was $159 w/ shipping included (the dealer shipped the pistol and 2 mags loose with no packing material in a USPS Priority Mail envelope- not a box- an envelope and luckily it arrived in perfect condition).
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by devlinfaust »

I was at a gun show here in Knoxville recently, and a dealer had a brace of P-64's for $220 OTD. And people were buying them when I was there.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

As I understand it, unless it is an 01FFL to 01FFL shipment that is illegal, on the part of the shipping dealer, that is, not the recipient.

It was shipped FFL to FFL. Hey, for free shipping I can't complain since it arrived ok. But as a postal employee I was amazed.
saands

Post by saands »

I see that Empire Arms has them listed for 175 now ... I hadn't been looking and figured that SOG still had them for 129 a pop ... so many people were dissing them on the other boards that I never thought that THESE would have "sold out" so soon ...

Saands
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by himmel »

My guy here still has the occasional one for $179 plus tax--the last one I saw was flat grips, round hammer...but he'll dicker with you on a trade...
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

I see that Empire Arms has them listed for 175 now ... I hadn't been looking and figured that SOG still had them for 129 a pop ... so many people were dissing them on the other boards that I never thought that THESE would have "sold out" so soon ...
Saands
You and me both. I remember when I asked you about them on TFL a while back. Ahhh, memories!

Seems like the day of the $130 P-64 is gone now, so the people who got in early should be thankful (I know I am!), but, considering what you get for the money, I still think that $175-$200 is a fair price. Enjoy!
saands

Post by saands »

Yeah ... I guess I should sit back and smile on this one ... it seems that I NEVER get in early enough to get the good deals ... these, the Turk Mausers, and the Mosins have been about it for me. The days of inexpensive (and as-issued, I might add) 1911/03a3/Garand/M1 Carbines were long gone before I knew they existed. I even missed out on the Tula SKSs, Russian TT-33s and the PMs. I've since learned that it actually is true that all who hesitate are lost!

Saands
watsoncb

Post by watsoncb »

I just picked up a P64 for $169 on Gun Broker. Just search for P64 and watch for a deal.